Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 174 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.
More info: http://www.sarts1.com/

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

K6OJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2015 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Superlative in every way. I've had occasion to use their service twice. Most recently this week.

It was an issue of lightning damage. Ten components were damaged. The total repair cost with return shipping ~$180. Lucky me!

They are always polite and patient on the phone. Their work is 100% solid, prompt and the charges are quite modest, including shipping.

Did I mention prompt? I neglected to put the RMA form in the box and had to call them to provide those details. The nice lady said they were running as much as 3 weeks deep and I figured that was reasonable. Then a week later, it's ready! They also replaced the battery as a maintenance item while they were at it. I appreciate the attention to detail!

The service I receive on my Icom radios from SAR Technical Services is 180 degrees from that offered by another brand that I steadfastly supported with a large chunk of my discretionary income for two decades.

I'm very happy with my IC-7000 and IC-756 ProIII. When the need or desire arises to buy newer transceivers, it's almost a certainty what I will choose. Knowing that service is a painless, rewarding experience is very reassuring and comforting.

Thank you Sar Technical Services! You Rock!

W8SPM Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2015 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Icom Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt at Icom Midwest Service Center (SARS) in Michigan is the place to send your Icom Products for Service ! I have sent several radios over a period of time to Matt and he takes his time to answer emails and phone calls and most of all does Quality work at very fair prices! I have used Icom products for over 30 years and have been very happy with all of them ! However from time to time we all need help ! I can't say enough of how pleased I have been with Matt at Sars!

W4LCM Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Very good Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You can trust Matt Adrian with your Icom equipment’s.

** Fast respond of any question
** Very reasonable prices
** Very fast turnaround.

I already have the pleasure dealing with him with a Icom IC-7000
And with a Icom IC-7200 (from a friend).

I Recommend Matt to all my friend that owned Icom’s radios.

AB9RY Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2015 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had several items in for Matt to repair, from warranty work to lightning damage. Matt is not only a top notch technician, he is also a true gentleman. You never need to worry about the quality of the work or about being overcharged. You can always have the confidence that your equipment will be repaired correctly and you will be charged fairly.

K9GE Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2014 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past 3 years, I've had Matt do service/repair work on 4 different transceivers. His work has been outstanding, turn around time is great, charges very reasonable. Matt takes the time to keep you informed as to the problems, costs and time for work to be performed. If you are a Icom man, then Matt is you man !!

KA5ROW Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2014 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a Icom pro III repaired, got it back in about 3 weeks. The fee was very reasonable, and I am 100% satisfied.

N5KGN Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2014 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Really Can't Add Anything!  Time owned: months
Matt repaired my 746 Pro for the "no TX" problem. I asked him to update the rig with any upgrades or improvements. At the time I sent my rig in, Matt's workload was pretty big and it took about 6 weeks to get it back.
The price was very fair, the rig was returned in exactly the same external shape that I sent it. It was expertly repacked for the return shipment.
Matt called and explained in detail what all he'd done. If I have any other ICOM problems, they go to Matt! (Kind of wish he worked on Yaesu also.)

K8BZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2014 06:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: months
This was the 3rd time I called on Matt for an Icom service issue. 1st time was under warranty, the last two were beyond the warranty period. In all three cases Matt handled the problem quickly and completely and his fee is very reasonable. Matt's competency and business ethics represent the best example of customer service.

W0MF Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2014 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service!  Time owned: months
Have had service completed on IC756ProII and PWI. These were two separate events and in both cases, service was prompt and very fairly priced.
Clear courteous communication and a very personable individual. Technically knows his stuff!
Couldn't recommend higher.

W0ELH Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2014 09:02 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Matt for a variety of ICOM radios over the years. His prices are very fair, communicates very well and has never disapointed me. I will continue to use him as long as he is in business. Thanks Matt