Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 163 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.
More info: http://www.sarts1.com/

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

N2DY Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 07:54 Send this review to a friend
THE place to go for Icom Repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Matt's services several times now for a number of Icom repairs. He is a consummate professional who stands behind his work. He knows Icom products inside and out. His turnaround time is very fast and communications with the customer are very clear. I like Icom products and some of my rigs are aging. If I need any repairs in the future, I will certainly do business with Matt again.

NP4DD Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 12:10 Send this review to a friend
SIMPLY THE BEST!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just want to thank you for the outstanding service and for your personal attention. It is good to know that ICOM have so many dedicated people as you and your work partners. Keep your hard and good work!

I highly recommend Matt (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) for any issues with your ICOM rig. Genuine quality work followed by excellent customer care. #1, SIMPLY THE BEST. Thanks Matt.

JORGE,
NP4DD

KI4TSI Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Service!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The video screen on my ICOM 7800 went out. I searched the reviews here on eHam, and found the wonderful reviews about Matt and his ICOM Service Center Michigan. I decided to give him a call; he very graciously gave me a significant amount of telephone time. This left a great initial impression. Subsequently, I spoke to him a couple of more times regarding shipping issues and timing; with each call he was so pleasant and accommodating. I sent my rig to him. It went out on a Wednesday. He received it on a Friday. He worked on it on Saturday. The following Monday I received a call from Matt telling me that a transistor related to the screen was defective and replaced. He also found a defective transistor in the second preamp which he replaced. The rig was shipped back to me on a Tuesday and was back inside my home on Friday. The entire turn around time was 10 days and most of that was related to shipping!!! His fee was very reasonable as well. Matt's customer service and his technical skills are absolutely superb and fantastic!!!! I was impressed by his thoroughness and attention to detail(found the defective preamp transistor as well). In addition he's just a really nice guy. I highly recommend Matt for any issues with your ICOM rig; you will not find anyone better to repair it. Mitch KI4TSI

WA1RKT Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2014 19:58 Send this review to a friend
Once again, exceptional work at a very reasonable price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sent my IC-746Pro to Matt to get a dead LCD backlight transistor (surface-mount) replaced, and asked him to bring it up to date with all of the Icom service bulletins. He had sent me a very reasonable estimate before I sent the radio to him. From the time the radio left here until it reappeared on my front porch was about 11 days, and the price was about half of what he estimated. And, the radio works perfectly. Sure can't ask for more than that. Thanks, Matt!

N4XYZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my IC-756 PRO 3 to Matt for power dropping off. He said it was one driver transistor. They replaced both plus the send relay that I had zapped. I sent it to them and it was back in the shack 9 days later. You sure can't complain about that.

VE3VV Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2014 20:31 Send this review to a friend
excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had repair work done twice by Matt, always pleased with price and work done, recommend highly

W7TNS Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2013 09:22 Send this review to a friend
Just Excellent:)  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just got my 13 year old 746 (amateur version) back from Matt at Icom-MI. Was gone only couple of weeks, and came back with really new life, hopefully for at least another 13 years (Me too-HIHI). It took an indirect lightning strike, and lost TX power. Matt sent it home now receiving better than it has in years, including improved VHF receive and improved tuner. happy camper!
I also have my main rig, 756Pro which I got from a dealer after it went thru Icom-MI...so all my Icoms are happy now too!

K4EQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2013 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Matt's services four times through the years, the most recent being just a few weeks ago. Once again I am completely satisfied with the quality of work, turn around time, and cost. In my opinion, his work is simply the best.

W0RMS Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2013 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Sick 706 mk2G  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Matt worked his magic as usual...got it out when he said he would at the price he indicated . I can't say enough good things about his service . WRMS

K1QF Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2013 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Matt quickly diagnosed the problem with my ICOM 7600 and repaired it at a very reasonable cost. He was attentive to emails and telephoned with a thorough description of the work undertaken. Excellent service - highly recommended.