Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 170 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.
More info: http://www.sarts1.com/

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

K9GE Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2014 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past 3 years, I've had Matt do service/repair work on 4 different transceivers. His work has been outstanding, turn around time is great, charges very reasonable. Matt takes the time to keep you informed as to the problems, costs and time for work to be performed. If you are a Icom man, then Matt is you man !!

KA5ROW Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2014 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a Icom pro III repaired, got it back in about 3 weeks. The fee was very reasonable, and I am 100% satisfied.

N5KGN Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2014 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Really Can't Add Anything!  Time owned: months
Matt repaired my 746 Pro for the "no TX" problem. I asked him to update the rig with any upgrades or improvements. At the time I sent my rig in, Matt's workload was pretty big and it took about 6 weeks to get it back.
The price was very fair, the rig was returned in exactly the same external shape that I sent it. It was expertly repacked for the return shipment.
Matt called and explained in detail what all he'd done. If I have any other ICOM problems, they go to Matt! (Kind of wish he worked on Yaesu also.)

K8BZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2014 06:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: months
This was the 3rd time I called on Matt for an Icom service issue. 1st time was under warranty, the last two were beyond the warranty period. In all three cases Matt handled the problem quickly and completely and his fee is very reasonable. Matt's competency and business ethics represent the best example of customer service.

W0MF Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2014 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service!  Time owned: months
Have had service completed on IC756ProII and PWI. These were two separate events and in both cases, service was prompt and very fairly priced.
Clear courteous communication and a very personable individual. Technically knows his stuff!
Couldn't recommend higher.

W0ELH Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2014 09:02 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Matt for a variety of ICOM radios over the years. His prices are very fair, communicates very well and has never disapointed me. I will continue to use him as long as he is in business. Thanks Matt

K7BIG Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 13:31 Send this review to a friend
REAL GENTLEMAN!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a problem crop up with an late model Icom rig, I gave Matt a call, He told me he saw this once before told me to reset the rig, stayed on the phone with me all the rig rebooted, issue gone.

THANKS Matt, you are a real GENTLEMAN!!

N2DY Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 07:54 Send this review to a friend
THE place to go for Icom Repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Matt's services several times now for a number of Icom repairs. He is a consummate professional who stands behind his work. He knows Icom products inside and out. His turnaround time is very fast and communications with the customer are very clear. I like Icom products and some of my rigs are aging. If I need any repairs in the future, I will certainly do business with Matt again.

NP4DD Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 12:10 Send this review to a friend
SIMPLY THE BEST!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just want to thank you for the outstanding service and for your personal attention. It is good to know that ICOM have so many dedicated people as you and your work partners. Keep your hard and good work!

I highly recommend Matt (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) for any issues with your ICOM rig. Genuine quality work followed by excellent customer care. #1, SIMPLY THE BEST. Thanks Matt.

JORGE,
NP4DD

KI4TSI Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Service!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The video screen on my ICOM 7800 went out. I searched the reviews here on eHam, and found the wonderful reviews about Matt and his ICOM Service Center Michigan. I decided to give him a call; he very graciously gave me a significant amount of telephone time. This left a great initial impression. Subsequently, I spoke to him a couple of more times regarding shipping issues and timing; with each call he was so pleasant and accommodating. I sent my rig to him. It went out on a Wednesday. He received it on a Friday. He worked on it on Saturday. The following Monday I received a call from Matt telling me that a transistor related to the screen was defective and replaced. He also found a defective transistor in the second preamp which he replaced. The rig was shipped back to me on a Tuesday and was back inside my home on Friday. The entire turn around time was 10 days and most of that was related to shipping!!! His fee was very reasonable as well. Matt's customer service and his technical skills are absolutely superb and fantastic!!!! I was impressed by his thoroughness and attention to detail(found the defective preamp transistor as well). In addition he's just a really nice guy. I highly recommend Matt for any issues with your ICOM rig; you will not find anyone better to repair it. Mitch KI4TSI