Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 181 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

W2XAD Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2015 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Fixed mine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was referred to Mat to fix a standard brand radio.
Since I had 2 of them I sent it to Matt to get some capacitors replaced. When I got the radios back I found out for the price,$70.00 he also re aligned the radios for the total price.
READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I consider him as one of the best repairman of radios!
KA1KLO Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2015 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Professionalism  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt's A pleasure to do business with. Received my 7000 back Much Much Better Than New.
NE8SC Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2015 11:31 Send this review to a friend
What can I say that hasn't already been said!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first review on so I'm glad it is a positive one. I had been having issues off and on with my IC-2720H for several years. It was an intermittent problem that I just attributed to location. If finally came to a head when it became more regular. I had a local ham look at it but it was more than he wanted to tackle at the time. I was up for using that as an opportunity to get a new radio but didn't really find anything that fit like my 2720 that I am use to so I boxed it up and sent it off to Matt. He received it on a Monday and by Friday I hadn't heard anything so I was curious where it was in the queue. I sent an email and a short time later received a call from him with an estimate for the repair. I gave him the thumbs up to repair the radio and I received today, a week and a day after he received. It is back in my car and operating wonderfully. I know where I will be sending my other ICOM equipment should I ever have any issues with them. Thanks a bunch Matt
K4PDM Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2015 03:46 Send this review to a friend
None better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Matt repaired my IC-2730A under warranty the day after he received it, and shipped it back the same day.

He was very responsive to my warranty questions and obviously, very quick with the repair and shipping.

We are very fortunate to have SAR Technical Services doing ICOM warranty repair.

By the way, did you know that the one-year ICOM warranty is transferable to the second owner? A big plus for ICOM.

Matt Adrian will fix your radio quickly and correctly, and you'll get it back soon, too.
W1EBM Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2015 14:19 Send this review to a friend
The best - again and again  Time owned: more than 12 months
My IC756 Pro3 had some issues. Matt quickly diagnosed the problems, called me with the cost estimate and the schedule to ship the radio back to me. Everything was done professionally and correctly, and on schedule. And Matt's repair cost for parts and labor are very reasonable.

Dear reader - don't consider anyone else for your ICOM repair.

Matt's the best. His service is World Class, and he sets the standard.

Send your ICOM gear to Matt. You won't be disappointed.
N0OGG Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2015 14:15 Send this review to a friend
this is were you send you icom  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What can a say about Matt that has not been said?
His work is as good as it gets. I sent in my 706MKIIG to him. He fixed it in less time than he said it could take, and for $40 less than he said it would be.
But wait there's more. He also realigned the radio. Now it works GREAT!
I am so glade I found Matt, and I will be telling all my friend's to send there gear to he.
Thanks Matt
KK4YMB Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2015 05:37 Send this review to a friend
When You Need Icom Service This Is Who You Goto.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently my icom 7000 started to misbehave with some issues with the alc/swr meter and started to make a high pitched noise on transmit. My radio was 30 days out of warranty from the manufacturer and as most I started to dread the potential repair costs for this great little radio. A fellow ham recommended SAR on recommendation from his radio club president.

I received prompt service with question pre-shipping, and was notified when the radio arrived and its condition. As per others a three week turnaround was expected. A few days later I was notified it was a hardware/software misalignment and that it was repaired and covered under warranty. OUTSTANDING.

Prompt. Courteous. Above and beyond service. If I ever need any of my icom hardware serviced I will be sending it to the good folks @ SAR Technical Services, INC in Michigan!
K6OJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2015 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Superlative in every way. I've had occasion to use their service twice. Most recently this week.

It was an issue of lightning damage. Ten components were damaged. The total repair cost with return shipping ~$180. Lucky me!

They are always polite and patient on the phone. Their work is 100% solid, prompt and the charges are quite modest, including shipping.

Did I mention prompt? I neglected to put the RMA form in the box and had to call them to provide those details. The nice lady said they were running as much as 3 weeks deep and I figured that was reasonable. Then a week later, it's ready! They also replaced the battery as a maintenance item while they were at it. I appreciate the attention to detail!

The service I receive on my Icom radios from SAR Technical Services is 180 degrees from that offered by another brand that I steadfastly supported with a large chunk of my discretionary income for two decades.

I'm very happy with my IC-7000 and IC-756 ProIII. When the need or desire arises to buy newer transceivers, it's almost a certainty what I will choose. Knowing that service is a painless, rewarding experience is very reassuring and comforting.

Thank you Sar Technical Services! You Rock!
W8SPM Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2015 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Icom Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt at Icom Midwest Service Center (SARS) in Michigan is the place to send your Icom Products for Service ! I have sent several radios over a period of time to Matt and he takes his time to answer emails and phone calls and most of all does Quality work at very fair prices! I have used Icom products for over 30 years and have been very happy with all of them ! However from time to time we all need help ! I can't say enough of how pleased I have been with Matt at Sars!
W4LCM Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Very good Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You can trust Matt Adrian with your Icom equipment’s.

** Fast respond of any question
** Very reasonable prices
** Very fast turnaround.

I already have the pleasure dealing with him with a Icom IC-7000
And with a Icom IC-7200 (from a friend).

I Recommend Matt to all my friend that owned Icom’s radios.