Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-130T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-130T
Alinco DR-130T Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $Alinco DR-130T
Description: 2-meter transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-130T.

G7MRV Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2010 03:11 Send this review to a friend
Small, easy, effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these 2nd hand off ebay some 5years ago as i needed a mobile for my long commute to work. Its given me no real problems at all and is rock solid! The controls are so simple i can operate it without looking at the front panel, so i dont have to take my eyes off the road. That said, this unit is not without a few troubles. The CTCSS doesnt change when another repeater is selected from memory and needs reactivating. Not a problem i hardly use the repeaters, and its just a job for when i have it on the bench.

Mine is turned down to 25w as thats all i require. I use it with a proper through roof pro mounted 5/8whip. The downside of this rig is, as noted, the IMD. I also need to find a proper DTMF mic, im using an old yaesu standard mic at the moment.

I drive a very small car with little space for radios. This was mounted down by the drivers door on the fascia above the gas pedal! really not the safest as a couple inches from my knee! So, its now on the bench undergoing MAJOR surgery to turn it into a remote head radio!

ADAMCLUTHA Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2008 00:22 Send this review to a friend
New mobile rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great little rig to use mobile

I have borrowed a DR130T since I got my callsign, ZL4ASC in january 2008 and its exellent to opperate mobile hardely need to take my eyes off the road.
I was running with a mag mount antenna but now I have bought myself a VHF set and it just by chance happens to be a DR130T.

I have it Mounted down beside the Gear shift and a dual band antenna on a boot lip mount works great.

The one I bought has 20 memorys and the one I was lending has 100 and mine has a dtmf microphone.

The radio gets very hot on 50 watts and warm on 5 watts (pray for my passengers leg!)

next thing is to find a dualband radio for the car I like the look of the 2720 Icom or 8800 Yaesu but we'll see what happens

Adam Campbell, 16 years old
ZL4ASC

JDWYER Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2008 19:23 Send this review to a friend
nice radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received the DR130 on Ebay. The radio has great transmit and receive audio, it's easy to program, and I can access all repeaters within forty miles with my 5/8 wave antenna. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles which is fine by me but I wish it had the capability to skip memory channels in scan - my only nit pick.

AOK

KF6NBF Rating: 4/5 Jul 30, 2007 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Good simple rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this rig for 4 years now (got it used). It's so simple to program and use, sound quality is great for TX and RX. The only things I wish were better:

A)I wish it had auto-repeater offset
B)Better intermod rejection.

N0WYO Rating: 4/5 Mar 31, 2007 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Good little radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this radio for about two years now. It was installed in a 1984 F-150. The only problem I have with it is that the mic is too sensitive and picks up everything in the background. This radio would be a good choice in a packet installation or echolink under low power, as the high setting causes the radio to get extremely hot after a while. This radio DOES need more than average ventilation on either setting. Even so, it's a rugged little radio.

KC9JUM Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2007 21:52 Send this review to a friend
Another Alinco Classic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this Radio for 8 YEARS, and I bought it used. This is the quintessential Alinco classic radio. No frills, just great performance. Yes I have from time to time had to repair it. The radio had blown finals when I purchased it. No clue if that was the fault of the radio or the owner, so I won't mark it down there. After 6 years of use the MIC stopped working. No big deal, the MIC looked well used even when I got it. A search on Ebay netted a EMS-11 cast off from an DR-M06 user. One of the backlights went out for a while, but it later came back on. I love this radio. It's currently mobile mounted with a DR-430T.

A couple knocks, These come with only 20 memories and no tone decoder. You can add a decoder and 80 more memories for a total of 100. Mine came with these goodies added on.

Ohh yeah, some Bonehead on here put a DR-135T picture up there...

KE5MBX Rating: 4/5 Jan 31, 2007 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Good radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
This radio does nearly everything I need. It has more power than I need (50 watts) and is extremely durable. I bought mine for $20 at a pawn shop as a kid. The radio came with a CITIZENS BAND magmount antenna, but still works great (now that it's on a proper antenna)... that's durability. The only problem with this radio is the mere 20 channels of memory. CTCSS tones, repeater offset, and DTMF tones make this a robust mobile with everything I need.
The DR-130 can be easily modified to transmit 130-173.99, which is only legal to use in an emergency.

KD6JDM Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2005 19:40 Send this review to a friend
reliable mobile/base rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine used in 2001 for $120, including an Astron power supply that is adequate for my SG 2020 HF rig, but not for the DR-130 running 50 watts.
Brought it into the house when I shifted the 2-meter rigs around.
My only complaint is minor: there seems to be no way to defeat the automatic off-set on repeater frequencies. In order to transmit simplex on a repeater frequency one must set the off-set to zero.
Upshot is that I have one memory channel for the local repeater and one for the repeater output with zero off-set.
The 100 memory channel upgrade would be nice. May look into it.

KC4TDM Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2005 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Nice radio!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned mine since 1994..no problems. The picture above is not the DR-130T.

PU1-MLL Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2004 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
Im using since 2002 and all I have to say is "Congratulations Alinco". Easy and simple. Im very happy with DR-130. In my opinion, you can use it.