Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-130T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-130T
Alinco DR-130T Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $Alinco DR-130T
Description: 2-meter transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-130T.

WH6PL Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2003 09:26 Send this review to a friend
Love the Rig!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my DR-130 since 1994 and truly love the performance of this rig. I've never had a problem with the rig getting too hot when transmitting on high power, since most of the time I'm using the 5 watt setting with an MFJ 5/8 wave 2m antenna. But whenever I do run on high power, I have cool air blowing onto the heat sink to help keep it cool.

I've got a Nissan P/U, and the rig is installed just under the storage compartment under the music radio. There is an air vent behind my DR-130, and whenever I need more power, I have the fan blowing air onto the heat sink to keep the unit cool during operations. But for most of the time, all I use is just 5 watts.

I like the DR-130 because of its ease of use and functionality. It's nice to have bells and whistles, but easy programming is one feature I truly adore.

BRAVO1 Rating: 3/5 Jun 22, 2003 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Slick, Durable but can't stand prolong usage  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using an F-23 w/ my alinco DR130-T but cant hardly transmit long range w/ portable use of other modulator. When heat temperature increases the more it has but has a tendency to break down, and reception getting static. So if i can request a suggestive solution to maximize its power use. Coz' i do believed that maybe familiarity w/ the unit is just the solution. so specification of the unit can be an initial step to know more about this competitived Alinco DR130t.
Hoping for your utmost support and assistance to my bothering problem.

greatly requesting,

Bravo 1

1-007-26205-5
quicksilver@yahoo.com.ph

KB5LPA Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2003 00:29 Send this review to a friend
Takes a Lickin'  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this radio for about 7 years or so. It has been taken in and out of different vehicles. Never mounted permanently,just sits on the seat,floorboard,park brake lever,whatever is easy and convenient. It was mounted in a car that was "totaled" and all I did was cut the wiring harness below the plug and took it out of the remains. Did not expect it to work. Aside from a few scratches,all I had to do was get a new wiring harness and it was ready to go.It does get hot rather quickly on the 50 watt setting so unless you have good ventolation,I would recommend the 5 watt setting for most repeater work. Using a Radio Shack 5/8 wave mag mount,I can hit any repeaters that I can hear. The only extra I have added is an MFJ 281 speaker(a must)for operating in my car. It has been worth every penny I paid for it. The only fm mobile I have ever owned.It's a keeper.73

W1NRA Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2002 17:08 Send this review to a friend
great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my DR-130 for I guess 5 or 6 years and have had no problems with it. I am using it now to send PSK, CW, AND SSTV as well as RTTY. Using it with a rigblaster. Back to the radio. There is an update to the programming page in the manual at the Alinco web site. There are several mods for this radio as well. I am glad I bought the expanded memory (100) when I got the radio. You can order the memory upgrade from Alinco for about 35 bucks or so. It's a plugin mod, very simple. I use the EMS-14 desk mike with it for base operation which is great also.
I also have the DR-430 uhf radio to go with it.
Several friends have them also and we enjoy the DR 130 just fine. Jerry / W1NRA

VU3SCD Rating: 4/5 Mar 8, 2002 06:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Product at Small Price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hi Everyone,
Well I am one of the many proud users of the DR-130T. To be very percise I brought this set for about 8920/-Rs (Indian Rupees) and I am very much happy with it. It has no complicated functions and easy to use even my wife who in her life have never touched a ham radio was able to change the frequency and talk on air. With CTCSS put in without additional charges I think I brought it and I don't regrate it.

If you are going to buy I will suggest you to first check the rig and then buy. if you get the rig in or about 100 - 200USD then worth it. If you have brought it and are facing problem let me know I will try and solve yours, but again I will try I don't commit that I will be, but I will give my best shot.

KG4AUQ Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2000 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Solid, Basic, 2meter mobile  Time owned: unknown months
I picked up a used DR-130T for *just* over $100 at a hamfest to use in my home. Have to admit I wasn't expecting much but I got a great little radio for the money. I've gotten nothing but positive comments about the sound/signal quality from this rig. The front end is not as sensitive ot selective as my FT-90R but then I wouldn't expect it to be. The biggest surprise was getting a solid signal into a repeater over 100mi away using a 5/8wave antenna stuck to a pizza pan sitting by a window! The rig loses 1 star for only having 20 memories, (once you get the hang of it- they're easy to program) and for not being able to directly enter a frequency from the mike's keypad (DTMF only).