Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex 100th Anniversary Original Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex 100th Anniversary Original
Vibroplex 100th Anniversary Original Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $209.95
Description: The Vibroplex® 100th ANNIVERSARY ORIGINAL BUG (1904-2004) - This key duplicates one of the most popular early bases, a "weather" black Japan-like powdered coat finish with gold pin stripe border. Chromed upper parts match the Standard Original Bug with black paddles and unique serial numbers.

More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/100th_anniversary_original.htm

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex 100th Anniversary Original.

KE6BB Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2009 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Even the "seconds" version is NICE!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first bug, so I cannot comment on its operation relative to other bugs, but I am very impressed with the workmanship, even though mine is one of the "seconds" with minor blemishes on the painted base. I can't find the blemishes! I suspect if you put my "second" bug next to one of the earlier 100th Anniversary Originals, you MIGHT see some minor difference in the luster of the painted base, but it isn't obvious without the close physical comparison.

I really didn't want to spend a lot of money on my first bug, so the reduced price "seconds" version was a good buy for me. The quality is excellent.

As I write this, they still have "seconds" advertised on their website as well as in CQ. Take a look. I feel this bug is a very good buy.

KD5MJJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2007 07:37 Send this review to a friend
I love it !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I just received a new Vibroplex Anniversary bug and a new Vari-speed.

This morning I finally got an opportunity to put it all together and adjusted.

It plays very well.

The Vari-speed, in a word, is "excellent." It is easy to attach. It looks like it belongs on the key and does not look like a strange after market contraption. It adjusts easily and works well.

The new bug is better constructed and a more precision built device than my 1975 Vibroplex Original Presentation Bug ( New York Manufactured).

The Anniversary is easy to adjust and stays adjusted. Because of the poor quality of my 1975 ( New York produced) Vibroplex, I was a bit anxious about this purchase. No comparison, The Alabama Vibroplex Bug is excellent.

I have a Alabama made Vibrolex Straight key ( love it), and an Alabama Iambic as well. GOOD PRODUCTS !

Hooray for Mitch and his crew at Vibroplex in Alabama.

Hank
K5ICW
ex kd5mjj

K4XZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2007 15:14 Send this review to a friend
beautiful  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
When I saw this key I knew I had to have it. I got one and I'm not getting rid of it.Simply a beautiful classic key

73 Joe K4XZ

PA7WWO Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2007 12:49 Send this review to a friend
just the piece of art my shack needed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi everyone

I recieved my bug last week.
A friend of me , ordered it a month ago for me as I was looking for a second hand one here for 5 years now, wich are almost none for sale, and if you find one the price will exceed the price of a new 100th anniversary Original.
My friend also a dedicated CW operator found it such a lovely thing that he ordered 2 of the 100th annivercary bugs.
One for himself and one for me.
Bugs arrived in FB condx. and very safely and very well packed.
I adjusted it and tried to operate the bug, and as I have no experience at all with mechanical bugs it took me almost a week just to make the first QSO with it.
That was not the bug's fault but my super clumsyness in CW operating when I am not using my homebrew paddle.
I have the same problem with straight keys and I started designing my own homebrew paddle even before I passed my morse exam 7 years ago.
The Bug looks wonderfull and sure is a jewel in your shack.

As a beautifull lady in lovely lingerie is a want to have in your bedroom the Vibroplex bug is the want a have in your shack.

It will surely be a long and tiering process for me to learn to operate the bug a bit better but the looks and fun I have with it now remind me of experiences of the past how long it took me to find a beautiful lady in lingery, and learning to operate that instrument is a still going on proces today.

Vibroplex just keep going on with production of these beautifull Bugs, so that everyone that wants to experience these feelings of the past in the future still can buy a brandnew one.

greetings Jos pa7wwo Netherlands

WB7QQR Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2006 17:51 Send this review to a friend
Gorgeous  Time owned: more than 12 months
It makes me feel as though I am back in the glory days of telegraph when using this piece of art. Feels great, yet not quite as smooth as my 1942 Lightning Bug.

WA6KYR Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2006 15:44 Send this review to a friend
high quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am impressed with the quality of the finish and mechanical aspects of this bug.
Surprisingly It creates dits almost as effortlessy as my high quality electronic iambic key .
Be sure to follow the instructions for best results.
Nice people to deal with also.
rich

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2006 16:07 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Vibroplex is staffed by the most honest people in amateur radio.

They don't charge you until the order ships. If the order will be shipped early, they tell you so a charge doesn't appear without warning.

The quality and finish of the product is brilliant. The chrome features are blinding when struck by light. This bug is no different.

Careful attention to their on-line instructions yields a properly adjusted and fine sounding fist. Experience in music seems to be a plus in Morse operation. It takes rhythm. Never blame the key !

Also, I might add that their packaging for shipment is top notch. The key is immobilized upon receipt.

IK0YGJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2006 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Welcome Back Art Deco !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Oh my: it's beautiful, it's steady. Reminds back the old times of the Nr. 6, Nr. 4 Vibros.
This key has to be carefully saved for future memory.
Keying is smooth and precise, the feel on the paddles is comfortable. This key comes with the big weight, but I recommend to replace a single small weight, and the sound turns to beautiness.