Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | MFJ -852 AC Line Noise Meter Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ -852 AC Line Noise Meter
MFJ -852 AC Line Noise Meter Reviews: 6 Average rating: 2.2/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Descriptive quotes from manual "Leads to trouble spots fast to help track many types of RFI....Fully portable..... Be a detective and put the fun back into Ham Radio!"

You can write your own review of the MFJ -852 AC Line Noise Meter.

VA2NA Rating: 0/5 Oct 16, 2012 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Not working  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my MFJ-852...

Unit does nothing...no power up at all.
Inside soldering job is a pita...and small antenne that come with are turn loose in the screw..

Sorry but quality control is very poor on this one.

K9OM Rating: 0/5 Jul 26, 2012 20:21 Send this review to a friend
Dead on Arrival  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice looking 3-element Yagi and Noise Meter. When unpacking the Noise Meter I noticed a "rattle" coming from inside. Took the cover off and the iron core of an inductor had come loose and was rolling around inside the Meter cabinet. Installed the 9-volt battery to see if it might work anyway and upon powering up the unit the meter pinned on the negative side.
Totally unusable so back to the Dealer it goes for a refund. Sure is a shame that MFJ didn't deliver a working product.

K4XZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 4, 2011 06:23 Send this review to a friend
Pricey But It Works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used one for 2 years now and no problems. A bit expensive for an AM Radio.I don't use the yagi, just the screw in antennas work fine. As for MFJ you could buy 2 of the same product and one would rate a 5 the other a 0. I really like my 269b analyzer.

73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick

KB3BTO Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2011 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Works quite well.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My MFJ-852 arrived today. I assembled the beam antenna, attached the 852 meter and used it to isolate the source of RFI that's been ruining my 10 meter operating - as if the lack of sunspots weren't enough - for the past 3 winters.
It was easy to assemble, operate, and enabled me to pinpoint the exact utility pole that's been causing my difficulties.
I purchased this as a last resort because I couldn't get the RFI to co-operate with visits from the utility company representative and was sick and tired of losing air time.
I do not regret my purchase and only wish that I had done it sooner. MFJ has saved the day. (Hey, that rhymes.)

K3PA Rating: 0/5 Jul 8, 2010 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Quality is laughable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
1) 4 different parts missing; markings on boom and elements to identify them missing.
2) Unreadable nth generation photocopied manual.
3) Took 4 phone calls to get missing parts; I was never in the support log any of those times. Wrong parts sent repeatedly.
4) Brackets to fit the Yagi to the receiver don't fit. Used symmetric brackets to fit an offset feed connection to save 2 cents on the right bracket.
5) Managers hearing the story actually thought it was funny. Eventual answer to bracket problem was to "just bend them around with pliers until they fit. It will look cockeyed, but thats just the way it is meant to be.".
6) $14M company wth no quality manager.

These people should be embarassed and ashamed. Martin clearly cares nothing for quality. Regardless of the low prices, there is no excuse for any of this, and we should NOT be supporting MFJ's shlocky methods in 2010.

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Mar 26, 2007 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Works.....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A bit pricy for an AM receiver with S-meter but it does work!