Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Help

Reviews Summary for Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine
Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Reviews: 227 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $48/hour prorated
Description: Ham radio repair (Icom and Kenwood HF/VHF/UHF multi-mode radios).

Note: If you are posting a review, please mention what model of radio I serviced for you. And please abide by eHam's rules: Only one review per customer. Thanks. Mike - N1EQ

You can write your own review of the Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine.

W2WHT Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2018 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Superb!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike repaired my 746 and the turnaround time was phenomenal!!

The charges were more than fair and I would not want to use anyone else to repair my radio.

His communication is excellent and I am extremely pleased!!

Thanks MIKE!!
W5MT Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2018 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another well deserved 5 for Mike!

My IC756ProII had an RF/ESD overload issue that manifests itself as instability of the TX when XMIT on 6m. The TX can be stabilized by adding in 6 dB of receive attenuation, but unless you like pressing buttons a lot, it costs you sensitivity on that band. I was impressed that Mike had written a white paper from his experiences in seeing and repairing this issue, as well as developing a little absorber circuit he tacks onto the board to hopefully minimize (or eliminate) possible future failures of same.

After a couple of email exchanges, with Mike very promptly replying to each (< 1 day), I sent the radio with instructions to make the repair (& install the absorber circuit), check out a possible NB issue he also has written a white paper on and perform a general "health" check of the 15 YO rig.

All done, Mike said the rig was in good shape and no other repairs were needed, charging me only 2 hours for the repair/mod I requested, plus parts and a new lithium battery. A bargain to be sure! The lead time was 2 days in his shop, also a bonus!

I would not hesitate to make use of Mike's services in the future. Only downside... from TX to ME, UPS Gnd is 4 days each way... hihi
KB7AA Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2018 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Par Excellence!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sad that eham's reviews only go up to a 5...way to low for N1EQ!!! A "10" would be much closer to his work. Mike repaired the "disappearing screen" on my Icom 746, putting a more robust part in rather than the weak Icom original part...great screen now! My 756pro went to him after for a fried front end. Mike did his magic on that rig also. All super quick, all work with consistent update emails with how work was going, and very reasonable rates. Mike only works on newer Icoms so check his website before anything else, Trust will be happy with his work!
K5RWD Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2017 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Could Not Be Any Better  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Second time around with another Icom, same great service and same great work. Cost of repairs is very reasonable, turnover time is superior.

K2LEG Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2017 13:52 Send this review to a friend
My IC746pro is working again! Great Ham guru!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My IC746PRO had a failed backlight problem. Mike is an expert...repaired it quickly with an upgrade and was reasonable in his charges for service. Turn around time was excellent, I'm back up and running. He also kept in touch during the whole process!
WA5REO Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2017 18:47 Send this review to a friend
I WOULDN'T TRUST MY IC 746 PRO TO ANYONE ELSE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just got my IC 746 PRO back from Mike and I was making a keying cable to connect to the amp. I miss wired the 7 pin DIN connector and killed the rig . I contacted Mike again and told him what I did. He told me to just send it back. He emailed me that he received it and would keep me posted. The next day he emailed me and said the rig was fixed and gave me a tracking number. Look at the reviews. There is no better tech out there. Mike's prices are also the most affordable. Mike will get all of my business. Contact him and tell him what you got. You will be glad you did.
KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2017 19:20 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT !  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Icom IC-706MKIIG wouldn't power-up anymore and all that I heard was relay chatter. I sent it to Mike and it was quickly diagnosed as having the infamous loss of “HV” voltage issue which he explains on his website. I sent it on a Monday and got it back the following Monday and his price was very good. Two paws up from the DOG.

WA5REO Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2017 17:14 Send this review to a friend
A TRUE PROFESSIONAL  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike deserves more than a "5" rating. I sent Mike my IC 746 PRO. It had no transmit. He got it on a Monday afternoon. He emailed me and said he would work on it Tuesday and would keep me informed of his progress.Tuesday he emailed me and said it was fixed and he did the mods that we had talked about doing and it would be sent back out on Wednesday UPS. How about that for customer service. His pricing is so low I don't know how he makes any money. Just follow his instructions after you contact him first and you will enjoy a very pleasant experience with no hassles getting your rig repaired. Thanks Mike for a job well done. Ken, WA5REO
WC3T Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2017 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Yawn, another 5.0 rating  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike is da boss. Read about what he does on his web site, because he fairly represents what he is about and what he does. And he does what he promises. I sent my IC706MKiiG in for repair. To his credit, he confirmed that I was wrong in what I thought was amiss; he gave it a great workout, fixing several unrelated defects along the way, and it returned and was put into service in better shape than when it left. Would recommend his work without hesitation.
KC8RGV Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2017 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Icon 746  Time owned: more than 12 months
I Sent my Icom 746 to Mike to repair he did a awesome job sent it back to me turn around time was about two weeks when my radio came back it was like new Mike Knows Icom Radios Good Job Mike I Highly Recommend him on Icom Radios Michael Whitlow KC8RGV