Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Help

Reviews Summary for Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine
Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Reviews: 222 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $48/hour prorated
Description: Ham radio repair (Icom and Kenwood HF/VHF/UHF multi-mode radios).

Note: If you are posting a review, please mention what model of radio I serviced for you. And please abide by eHam's rules: Only one review per customer. Thanks. Mike - N1EQ

More info: http://www.n1eq.com

You can write your own review of the Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine.

WA5REO Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2017 18:47 Send this review to a friend
I WOULDN'T TRUST MY IC 746 PRO TO ANYONE ELSE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just got my IC 746 PRO back from Mike and I was making a keying cable to connect to the amp. I miss wired the 7 pin DIN connector and killed the rig . I contacted Mike again and told him what I did. He told me to just send it back. He emailed me that he received it and would keep me posted. The next day he emailed me and said the rig was fixed and gave me a tracking number. Look at the reviews. There is no better tech out there. Mike's prices are also the most affordable. Mike will get all of my business. Contact him and tell him what you got. You will be glad you did.

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2017 19:20 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT !  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Icom IC-706MKIIG wouldn't power-up anymore and all that I heard was relay chatter. I sent it to Mike and it was quickly diagnosed as having the infamous loss of “HV” voltage issue which he explains on his website. I sent it on a Monday and got it back the following Monday and his price was very good. Two paws up from the DOG.

Mike KK2DOG

WA5REO Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2017 17:14 Send this review to a friend
A TRUE PROFESSIONAL  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike deserves more than a "5" rating. I sent Mike my IC 746 PRO. It had no transmit. He got it on a Monday afternoon. He emailed me and said he would work on it Tuesday and would keep me informed of his progress.Tuesday he emailed me and said it was fixed and he did the mods that we had talked about doing and it would be sent back out on Wednesday UPS. How about that for customer service. His pricing is so low I don't know how he makes any money. Just follow his instructions after you contact him first and you will enjoy a very pleasant experience with no hassles getting your rig repaired. Thanks Mike for a job well done. Ken, WA5REO

WC3T Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2017 13:10 Send this review to a friend
Yawn, another 5.0 rating  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike is da boss. Read about what he does on his web site, because he fairly represents what he is about and what he does. And he does what he promises. I sent my IC706MKiiG in for repair. To his credit, he confirmed that I was wrong in what I thought was amiss; he gave it a great workout, fixing several unrelated defects along the way, and it returned and was put into service in better shape than when it left. Would recommend his work without hesitation.

KC8RGV Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2017 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Icon 746  Time owned: more than 12 months
I Sent my Icom 746 to Mike to repair he did a awesome job sent it back to me turn around time was about two weeks when my radio came back it was like new Mike Knows Icom Radios Good Job Mike I Highly Recommend him on Icom Radios Michael Whitlow KC8RGV

K5RWD Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2017 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Awesome service, superb customer support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In a world where good customer support has fallen to the wayside, Mike is the shining light. I purchased an Icom 746 Pro with some issues I thought were pretty bad, however I found out the rig was a newer version so all the issues were already addressed. Someone had put the golden screwdriver to the unit and manage to mis-aligned the unit. Communication with Mike and crew was nothing short of an awesome experience, and the price was well within reason.

Thanks Mike, I would recommend you to everyone I know.

Regards,
K5RWD

KA1YTD Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2017 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent My Icom IC-746 (Non Pro) To Mike for a problem with the noise Blanker switch. Mike Received the Radio on a Friday and the radio was back on my Desk the following Wednesday working like there was never any problems. mike had very good communication through email with me where he would keep me up to date with everything he was diagnosing and fixing. All I can say is with honest Hams who act like Gentlemen which Mike did through out my experience with him. This hobby will never have any issues. Thanks Mike...

WZ1U Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2016 14:55 Send this review to a friend
True Professional Technician  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent Mike N1EQ an ICOM 746 PRO for repair. Told me when to send it and received it back in a week..Excellent turn around time and fair and honest repair. Keeps you updated with the repair, can't say more than what has been said already. If only ICOM and Kenwood had a system like Mike has for repair.

N9MXQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2016 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Can't get better  Time owned: more than 12 months
Emailed Mike on 9/25/16 asking about sending my 706MKIIG in for repair.. Was sent the next day. Diagnosis was done the next day, and parts were ordered.
Here it is 10/10/16 and my rig is back on my desk operating as it should.
Great communication throughout the process, and the price, in my mind was more than fair. If you're an Icom guy, and need work you need look no further..

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2016 02:36 Send this review to a friend
the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Mike my 756 Pro III on a Tuesday and it came back the following Tuesday. Not only did he fix the screen display issue I had but he found something else and took care of that as well. Great communication - emails bouncing back and forth. I always knew what was going on.