Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Help

Reviews Summary for Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine
Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Reviews: 197 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $48/hour prorated
Description: Ham radio repair (Icom and Kenwood HF/VHF/UHF multi-mode radios).

Note: If you are posting a review, please mention what model of radio I serviced for you. And please abide by eHam's rules: Only one review per customer. Thanks. Mike - N1EQ

More info: http://www.n1eq.com

You can write your own review of the Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine.

N3MQM Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2014 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Quite pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Repaired my IC 706mk2g the day he received it! Total turnaround was a week.

KA1KPA Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2014 06:53 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Mike worked on my ICOM 746 Pro which would not transmit all the time.
He worked on my rig as soon as he got it on his bench and fixed my problem. Mike is very fair and great to work with. Thanks Mike for a job well done.

NH6SM Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2014 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-706MKIIG Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Icom IC-706MKIIG would no longer turn on. After doing a search I came across Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine. I filled out a Contact Form describing the problem and he e-mailed me back the next morning with 3 possiblities of the problem. I shipped the radio right before Thanksgiving and he e-mailed me as soon as he got the radio. The next day he e-mailed me that it was repaired. After making my payment by PayPal he e-mailed back with the tracking number. The cost was less than $100 and that included shipping. Got the radio back in time to use on our Christmas trip.

KU3S Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2013 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous. KU3S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast, courteous, accurate, skilled, pleasant, fair,....just great to deal with. Turned a TS-870 around in one week; arrived on Wednesday, fixed on Thursday...magic, Thanks Mike

W8VVE Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2013 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Pleased with service and results.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a few pesky issues with my 756Pro2 and looked around for someone to repair it. After reading reviews and looking at Mike's website I contacted him to arrange shipment. I was going on vacation so had a few special requests which were taken care of with no problem. The rig arrived back in fine shape with the issues resolved. I thought his charges were more than fair and his communications excellent. My experience was extremely positive. 73...Sam W8VVE West Virginia

W2HDI Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2013 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service IC706  Time owned: more than 12 months
I found Mike on eham after I discovered that Icom would not service my "original" 706. Mike diagnosed the problem via email. I sent him the unit last Friday, and it was back in my hands today, one week later, working perfectly and the cost was very reasonable.
Mike's communications skills and client attentiveness are superb. I highly recommend him, based upon my experience.

AC2FO Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2013 09:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Guy, Great Servoce  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike has always done excellent work for me, fast response time and fast repair time. His work is 2nd to none and his prices are more than fair. I can't say enough this guy is a Ham's Ham.Follow his directions for fast easy serviceat a great price.

K1SG Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2013 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After almost 15 years of abuse, living in a smoke-filled room, and being left on continuously since 1998, my IC-756 PRO gave up the ghost in a puff of smoke.
Mike, N1EQ, repaired it for me. He diagnosed the problem quickly, gave me an accurate estimate, repaired the problem, communicated clearly and effectively, did exactly what he said he would do, and had the rig back in my hands 9 days after I sent it to him. He even did it for a VERY fair price, and left me impressed with the quality of his work and the professionalism with which he handled the entire process.
Why can't more businesses operate this way?

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2013 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Mike's the Man !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Mike my IC-756PRO due to the internal auto-tuner not working properly, intermittent external speaker connection, and blown meter lights. Well, it seems my radio was a victim of the infamous "RF Overload & ESD" issue, hence the erratic tuner. Needless to say the rig was fixed pronto by 'Dr. Mike' and I am ANOTHER happy customer!

Mike
KK2DOG

WW3K Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2013 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Better than Icom  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent not only one, not even two, but THREE Icom's to Mike N1EQ in Maine for service, and received them back operating even BETTER than factory new! I am the original owner of all 3 radios.

The first rig was an early s/n Icom IC-746Pro, which was sent back to Icom early in life for the notorious loss of transmit (ESD) issue, which Icom America repaired under warranty. Fast forward 10 - 12 years of hard operating, and the rig began experiencing intermittent loss of transmit. Sent the rig to N1EQ and he made all the upgrades / repairs which Icom had neglected to incorporate, INCLUDING the common driver bias adjustment. Turn around time was less than 1 week. Rig now performs FLAWLESSLY and BETTER than NEW! (I wish I had sent it to him sooner.)

Immediately upon receipt and testing of the IC-746Pro, I sent him my first IC-718, which had suffered a front end overload so severe that it had damaged (fried) the pcb and completely vaporized several smd components. The rig also needed a new amp keying relay. I thought the rig was a lost cause, and was saving it for spare parts for many years. Mike worked his magic on it and it too now performs actually BETTER than new; receive sensitivity/selectivity is now SUPERB, and the attenuater and preamplifier circuitry now works as designed (something it didn't even do when new from the factory.) Again, remarkably, turn around time was only 1 week!

Lastly, I sent him my 2nd IC-718 for what I thought was a send relay issue, but Mike's expert troubleshooting revealed that it was only a simple smd diode replacement. He also repaired the attenuator and realigned the receiver. Again, as with the other 2 rigs, turn around time was only 1 week.

I was/am so very delighted with Mike's work that I wanted to send him my 756Pro for upgrades, and although Mike was more than capable of performing the work I was considering, after discussing my options with him, we agreed that the 756 is performing as it should and probably wouldn't benefit much from what I was considering (namely, an INRAD roofing filter.)

From my perspective, Mike doesn't just deserve a 5.0 eHam rating, he has EARNED a 15.0+++ rating!