Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Help

Reviews Summary for Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine
Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine Reviews: 211 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $48/hour prorated
Description: Ham radio repair (Icom and Kenwood HF/VHF/UHF multi-mode radios).

Note: If you are posting a review, please mention what model of radio I serviced for you. And please abide by eHam's rules: Only one review per customer. Thanks. Mike - N1EQ

More info: http://www.n1eq.com

You can write your own review of the Mike Nadeau N1EQ in Maine.

W3FLH Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2016 06:39 Send this review to a friend
The reviews don't lie...  Time owned: more than 12 months
...Mike N1EQ really is as good as they say!

I had the known corroded trace issue on my IC-706MKIIG, and after concluding that it wasn't a project I was willing to tackle on my own, I contacted Mike about sending him the rig. He answered promptly (just not on weekends - read his instructions), had a few suggestions to try before I sent it in, and once he got it in the shop had it fixed and shipped the next day. He also performed a TSB on the rig while he was inside of it at no extra charge. The rig is back in service and operating flawlessly.

His site describes everything you need to know about contacting him, scheduling your service, packing and shipping your rig, and paying him once the service is complete - the entire process couldn't have gone smoother. As someone else said: Mike says what he's going to do, then does what he said.

I am a very happy customer and would not hesitate to recommend Mike to anyone in need of his services.

de Tony W3FLH

W1XER Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2016 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Great comms, great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a typical problem with my Icom 706MKIIG. Communicated it to Mike, sent him the rig, and had it back in a very reasonable amount of time. Internet based business, no worries, worked great for me!

W1TY Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2016 15:17 Send this review to a friend
IC-746 Pro Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Once again Mike can thru for me! I have used him before for my IC-765. And again the communication was constant and informative and was a totally positive experience.

If you need a radio repair, stop reading this and contact Mike N1EQ!

WJ1R Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2016 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have an Icom 756 Pro that had some blown finals. I sent the radio up to Mike and had it back in a week in excellent working condition at a very reasonable price. Mike runs a very professional operation with great communication. He tells you exactly what he is doing and does it very well.

AD2EE Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2015 09:44 Send this review to a friend
ICOM IC-746 Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There are several very good reasons why Mike Nadeau, N1EQ has a 5.0 rating here...he is competent; knows Icoms; says what he does then does what he says; he is prompt and most importantly, he is a very good repair technician.

Mike knew the problem from my email description and was able to repair my rig promptly (rig was out of the shack for approximately 11 days with UPS having it in their possession for 9 of them) keeping me informed along the way via email; Mike returned all the replaced parts too. Once the rig was back in the shack and hooked up he answered all of my questions and offered helpful advice.

So if you have an Icom - especially the older models and want prompt, reliable repairs from a very competent repair technician then Mike Nadeau, N1EQ is your man!

Mike AD2EE

KA2VTI Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2015 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Icon 756 Pro 2 Repair   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bottom line Mike Nadeau is a good man and very competent service technician. His focus is to define the root issues and causes for the primary failure then ascertain the best repair procedure to assure future dependability. What more can we ask for? The man has a "Hands On" depth of service knowledge allowing him a leg up on where to look for primary and as importantly tertiary issues and potential gremlins. regarding costs he is more than fair with his rate and assessing of time in the repair. Last but not least he is a man of his word and when he says he will get to your equipment he does and keeps in communication with you as needed To the end. Thumbs up.

K3AKE Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2015 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Icom 706MKIIG repair   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Icom 706MKIIG ceased to power up so after searching to find someone to repair it, I came across N1EQ's website.
After reading the reviews here, I shipped my 706MKIIG off to him on 9/11 and he got back to me this morning telling me the repair and testing was successful!! If you're looking for someone to repair your Icom rig, Mike's the man!

W5JC Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2015 05:53 Send this review to a friend
Icom 706MKIIG repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I want to add yet another 5 rating for Mike. He did an excellent job on my repair and for a very reasonable price. He is very professional and clear on his policies and procedures so there were no misunderstandings at all. All in all this repair went very well and I am extremely happy with the result. If I ever find myself needing another repair Mike will be the first person I contact.

KD3HAM Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2015 12:40 Send this review to a friend
outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
There is a reason that Mike receives a non ending string of five[5] reviews.Well,I recently found out why this keeps occurring with each service performed.To begin with,his business is conducted in a very professional manner.All policies are clearly explained so there are no surprises awaiting a customer through the entire repair process.The proper shipping and packing procedure is clearly explained and one is given the anticipated repair timeframe which is generally very accurate. Any email sent to Mike is very promptly answered so it is almost like being next to the bench.In addition to the required repair,all factory bulletins are incorporated into the servicing process. When your rig is returned you would swear that Mike used to work at a UPS store doing most of their packing. My 746PRO could have fallen off the delivery truck and still have been in perfect shape.The BEST part is the transceiver works like new again! Dick KD3HAM

N3BSQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2015 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Icom 706 MKIIG  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a issue with the CI-V. Sent Mike the radio and the return time was within 1 week. Thanks for the quick turnaround time.