Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | Pickard Crystal Radio Kit Help

Reviews Summary for Pickard Crystal Radio Kit
Pickard Crystal Radio Kit Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $23.95
Description: AM Broadcast Band Crystal Radio
More info: http://www.xtalman.com/

You can write your own review of the Pickard Crystal Radio Kit.

KB2FCV Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2006 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Fun Kit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A friend of mine showed me a link of a radio he had just ordered to build. Since I love building 'breadboard' stuff I had a look at the website. I saw 4 or 5 great looking kits!

I decided to start out with the Pickard Kit. It looked like a solid kit that would hopefully work well. Everything was labeled very well. If I were a first time kit builder, I'd probably have no problems getting it to work on the first shot. Actual construction time was about an hour. I took the time to laquer the board and coil like the manual suggested. I hooked my loop up to it and the supplied earphones and it worked like a charm! I was listening to oldies on WMTR 1250 AM. I also picked up a station in buffalo on 1520 AM (I heard the station ID and frequency broacast for that).

I would like to build two more of their kits, their high performance crystal set that covers some of the shortwave bands and the single tube AM regen. Even for an experienced builder, this is a fun little kit that looks great and works great!