Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | IW3HEV-Analyser Help

Reviews Summary for IW3HEV-Analyser
IW3HEV-Analyser Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $180 incl. P/P for EU
Description: PC/Laptop supported 0.1 to 60 MHz antenna analyser. Comfortable S/W incl. automatic Minimum VSWR search, 10 Amateur Bands Shortcut. Measures also Z Xj, Phase, Cable length. 2 Markers settable. Save and Read of measured Objects/Antennas

If you are a user of the 0.1-180MHz "miniVNA" please leave your review at http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5951
More info: http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups/iw3hev_analyser

You can write your own review of the IW3HEV-Analyser.

W4WB Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2008 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Great software-define antenna analyzer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the IW3HEV analyzer for several years as well as the more recent miniVNA version. They have performed well in numerous measurement situations using both desktop and laptop computers. Being able to view an antenna's behavior in real time over a wide spectrum often is the difference between understanding and not understanding what is going on with an antenna. Yes, I still use my faithful MFJ-259, but it is simply not capable of providing the dynamic wealth of information that the miniVNA does. Also, there is now available freeware that uses saved data from the miniVNA to do off-line analysis including generating Smith Charts. Very nice! Highly recommend Davide's analyzer!

OE1MIS Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2006 23:53 Send this review to a friend
Fine Gadget  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I also ordered the PCB for 20 Euro and soldered the analyser myself.

As already said,this is an antenna analyser.
I like it because it is a verry small unit.
I also have a VNA but for Fielddays I don't
want to miss this little handy unit.

Thank you OM IW3HEV and keep up the good work.
Amateur radio needs hams like you.

vy73 Michael OE1MIS

AB8M Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2006 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I need to compliment Davide and the team that has worked so hard to bring the 'miniVNA' to the market.

The miniVNA and software work very well together. The combination are a great addition to the hamshack and lab, and I only wish I had these to work with during my 40 years as an RF Design Engineer.

I've informed other hams in the Kansas City area about the 'miniVNA' at a ham club meeting, and there was much interest. I will give a presentation of the 'miniVNA' and software at next months meeting so I hope you're ramping up production.....

In comparing test results for the 2 units I received, I find a high level of data correlation which I would expect. Given the unit serial numbers are 100 units apart I have to conclude that your production is consistent, and of high quality.

With the success of your 1 - 60 MHz unit, and the performance I've witnessed in your 1 - 180 MHz unit, let me be the first to give you an order for a 1 - 540 MHz unit, whenever you decide to design and manufacture it....

Thanks again for all the hard work and please, "Don't stop now...."

HarryM
AB8M

M0DFI Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2006 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Neatly packaged analyser  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the PCB for 20 Euro and soldered the analyser myself. It's not difficult but...

This is not a vector network analyser, it's an antenna analyser. The 30dB dynamic range is good enough for everyday work in the schack and it dramatically outperforms any of the MFJ analysers. This gadget is a "must have"! Go build it or buy it. The big brother, 0-180MHz is out shortly, 240 Euros, still a very cheap package.

The 1-60 range can be extended to cover 2m and probably 70cm with homebrew extension modules.

The scary thing is that these kind of gadgets makes you dependent on them and often creates a craving for more... Again, a "must" for the antenna building ham!

DO1MGK Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2006 02:03 Send this review to a friend
Replace several different testers by the IW3HEV-Analyser  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own S/N 37 since December 2004 and like the flexibility of the little box very much. Because magnitude and phase is base of any measurement the S/W allows a lot of calculation and readout. One can set start/stop frequencies and use 2 markers in between the range. A sweep takes < 0.5sec. I use the analyser quite often also for R-L-C component tests, cable length/loss, as dipmeter or RF-generator. Simply, replace several different or bulky testers by just this one.

KN4HH Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2006 13:53 Send this review to a friend
The best Analyzer investment you could make  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased S/N 001 and still use it constantly. It provides a graphic analysis of the most critical parameters a Ham needs. I routinely use it to adjust my portable HF antenna for Proper SWR. The hardware package is the size of a HT batery pack. The software has continually evolved into a very robust and user firendly package. The unit is powered from a USB connection to your PC. I highly recommend this unit to anyone who experiments with antennas, feedline, filters and the like. Even though my unit was the prototype, it has never failed to properly perform. the quality of the analyzer is that of commercial grade equipment.