Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Tokyo Hy-Power HL-110V Help

Reviews Summary for Tokyo Hy-Power HL-110V
Tokyo Hy-Power HL-110V Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Older model 2m amplifier with preamp: 10W in, 110W out
More info: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tokyohypower

You can write your own review of the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-110V.

G8ITB Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2009 08:31 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Amplifier!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this 2 metre amplfier from an amateur in the USA, a marvellous choice! It is for use with my Yaesu FT-817ND on portable contests and VHF Field Day. On 24 hour soak tests as well as on-the-air it is performing effortlessly. I will make up a "U" shaped bracket with two Papst fans on it to cool it down during heavy contest use. On air it transmits a quality signal within it's specified ratings - I do not overdrive my amplifiers!

A typical Tokyo Hy-Power item - quality, through and through. Yes, I am biased - I own more than one Tokyo Hy-Power item and they are all excellent items.

See my review on the HL-45B (HF amp) an excellent replacement for the HL-50B which I also owned and is now in use by a local amateur with his FT-817.

Richard Perzyna, G8ITB/AB9SL.

G7ERL Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2008 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Good Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
This Amp is a great performer. The preamp is very good. I run this amp with a Yaesu FT290r and it makes it a very usable general purpose multimode radio. If you get a chance to get one of these, don't hesitate snap it up. A very reliable product.