Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosley-Super-33\\40-20-17 Beam Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley-Super-33\\40-20-17 Beam
Mosley-Super-33\\40-20-17 Beam Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,825.30
Description: 3el. 40M-20M-17M Yagi
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the Mosley-Super-33\\40-20-17 Beam.

AK6ZZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2013 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Amazing antenna - 40m super   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a first time owner of a 40m Yagi (plus 20&17 as a bonus) and I am so thrilled I cannot believe how epic it is for me. Before this I had a butternut HF6V, a SteppIR three element with the 40/30 dipole, and then a regular dipole and now the Super 33. The difference is so far indescribable. I live in San Diego directly on a large canyon facing north with an ocean view (4.5 miles away) at the end of my street. I have a good QTH and this antenna takes total advantage of it. In a weeks time I have worked five new band entities and am quickly closing in on unconfirmed dxcc on 100. So stoked.

I am still in the process of tuning the antenna which will entail extending the driven element one setting. It shouldn't be too hard with my retractable tower and a large ladder.

This antenna costs as much as my SteppIR three element but after the SteppIR trombone jammed up I knew I wanted an antenna without moving parts. This antenna performs awesome on 40m and once I get over the excitement of a Yagi on 40m I will try it on 20&17. Signal reports have been over the top positive and I have been able to bust through pileups easily. I am using it with an SPE 1K generally running 600W. Wow what an awesome combo with my K3. Completely satisfied with the shack now. This antenna completes the station. Recommend it highly for a space constrained location.

KK5O Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2011 10:31 Send this review to a friend
really good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i have had this antenna up for 8 months now and i am really glad i have it. it works very well on 40 mtr and 17 mtr is real nice on this antenna. its built very very well and i just cant say enough good things about it. get one ispecially if you see a used one get it!

NK6R Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2009 14:35 Send this review to a friend
S-33 or Super 33  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned several multiband yagis over the past 25 years. There's >always< a trade off between various designs; strength, weather/rain affects, the bands you want, don't want, etc. in 2005 I joined the many ranks owning a 4 element SteppIR and loved it! The ONLY thing I missed was the instant band changes of multi-band yagis like the Classic 33 or the TA-53M. June of 2009 a rare opportunity presented me a chance to try the Super 33. Taking down a true state-of-the-art 4 element design for an tri-band beam seemed foolish, but hey! we hams don't always get the "try before you buy", right?
For me, having 3 elements on 40M, 20M, and 17M on the same feed point, a 25' boom, and built like the typical Mosely tanks. I was instantly impressed the first contact on 7.135 to a couple "blokes"; a ZL in QSO with a VK. I have had many excellent signal reports to the East Coast and Canada on 40M, and I don't feel any big loss on 20M and 17M as well. >For me< this antenna is what I was looking for all along. It is a great performer and covers the 3 bands I operate 75% of my operating time. I am very active on 6 meters and a 6M5 yagi solved my needs there. When 10M/12M/15M are open a verticle does fine. Once I used a tuner on the S-33 for 12M and had a 10/9 signal 1000 miles away. Mine S-33 is mounted just below 60'. Once I saw it performed as well as I hoped, I sold the SteppIR. If I ever get a chance to move to some real acreage, (instead of my suburban lot), I will put up 2 towers and place this S-33 on one of them, then get another 4 element SteppIR for the other.)

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2001 20:40 Send this review to a friend
ta33-m  Time owned: more than 12 months
My ta33-m has been up for 1.5 years and I must say this is one solid antenna. The traps are rugged and the tubing is heavy. My swr is flat somewhere in the band. Also the vswr does not go higher than 1.6:1. Very low swr. The only drawback is a 6 week wait to get this antenna. Well worth the wait. I will buy another one and store it. Great job Mosely.

KD5IR Rating: 4/5 Mar 3, 2000 12:29 Send this review to a friend
excellent construction-but unassembled  Time owned: unknown months
I purchased this antenna in june-99\\\and have been slowly getting my tower ready to install this large beam on top @75'...-I anticipate that it will perform according to the figures that Mosley has posted for it in their data...I would like to hear FROM ANYBODY that currently has this particular antenna in service-- both the good and the bad---any information that you would like to contribute would be appreciated----I called Mosley and asked them for several names of hams who were currently running this antenna----but they declined to give me that information-----If the antenna performs as well as i believe it will--then why not release the information ?????????----Please e-mail me at sanfordandson@worldnet.att.net---all comments will be appreciated--thanks--sandy kuteman---KD5IR