Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | MFJ 249 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 249
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $269.95
Description: Original MFJ 249 antenna analyser with single meter for SWR measurements.

You can write your own review of the MFJ 249.

N8CMQ Rating: 4/5 Oct 31, 2009 21:19 Send this review to a friend
Good little analyzer!  Time owned: more than 12 months
While it isn't a top of the line box, it does what I need it to do. I can quickly determine resonance and bandwidth and depend on what it tells me. You could spend more, you could do worse! I bought this box used, it ran well but broke, it was an easy fix.
If you need an inexpensive way of QUICKLY figure out an antenna, it does the job.
Amazing frequency coverage too!
Not junk in my opinion!

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2006 21:41 Send this review to a friend
Follow up!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just the other day i gave the bugger a drop of about 4' from my workbench to a solid concrete floor in my basement! The analyser survived and still works 100%. I had to reinstall 2 screws holding the freq readout to the inside of the unit. For a used $50.00 CB shop special MFJ 249 this rascal is a keeper! The unit was made in 1992 so i dont know, but maybe this was all before they started to put out the junk stuff they do now. I dont know if i would buy a new one now though. The customer service ive experienced from MFJ is lacking. They need to work on their PR skills in dealing with customers.

KC9GUZ Rating: 4/5 Feb 11, 2006 22:11 Send this review to a friend
A valuable piece of ham gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my 249 used at a CB shop for $50.00. Pretty good bargain id say!!!
So far I like it. I find that it is a invaluable piece of ham gear for tuning antennas for resonace and SWR. Mine has been modified inside by a previous owner to use 2 9 volt batterys but i think i will get a hold of MFJ to get a set of stock battery holders.
While im not a huge MFJ fan the analysers they sell are worth the $$.