Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Kenwood AT-120 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood AT-120
Kenwood AT-120 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Compact manual antenna tuner. Matches the TS-120 transceiver.

You can write your own review of the Kenwood AT-120.

KB5PQL Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2015 00:30 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a small tuner for a mobile installation and found one of these tuners on eBay. I was not happy with the MFJ reviews and had stumbled upon this model online so I jumped at the opportunity to own one. So far, I've tested the AT-120 with about 120 watts and it happily runs without painful noises or frying sounds. In addition, It tunes up on the WARC bands of 12 and 17 meters just fine. I discovered that the MARS band around 60 Meters is a bit out of this tuners capability; at least with my current antenna. If you're in the market for a small tuner and want a compact, well made, easy to use lightweight tuner...I think you can do worse (cough*....MFJ) :) Kenwood should really revisit this tuner. WOW!

WB2JIC Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 06:52 Send this review to a friend
I HAVE TWO  Time owned: more than 12 months
One is paired with my TS-120S. The other serves my 1960 & 70's novice class rigs. They are built great. They are small and very light. Everything is self-contained and very easy to operate. I would get another one given the chance.

W7VO Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2008 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy, does the job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought one at a hamfest to go with my TS-120S. Works great, and is easy to tune. The controls have that great Kenwood sturdy feel about them.

N2EX Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2008 11:46 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I usually donít use an antenna tuner since I design my antennas for resonance at the frequencies I usually operate. It was only because I got the AT-120 in a package deal with a TS-120S on eBay recently that I decided to try it out. It is solidly built and does a great job of tuning so far on my Hustler 5-BTV and 80M dipole. To help with the tuning I first use an MFJ-269 antenna analyzer to get the approximate settings on the AT-120 dials. I note these settings in a log book for each band and each antenna. Then itís just a matter of tweaking the AT-120 with the transmitter. If you don't need the WARC bands (which the AT-130 has) this tuner is a great companion to the Kenwood TS-120 line or any other 150 watt or less transmitter. It also has a 12V plug for the pilot lamp if you need that feature and a bypass position if you want to take the tuner out of the circuit. There are also screw holes on the side of the case for a mobile bracket that came with the original unit but not with mine. It only has 2 PL-259 connectors, one in and one out. No other type feed-line is supported. Now that I have the AT-120, Iím using it most of the time. My TS-120S seems to be happier looking into an SWR of 1:1 even if it already had a pretty good match!