Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ-1719S Small Wonder HT Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1719S Small Wonder HT Antenna
MFJ-1719S  Small Wonder HT Antenna Reviews: 5 Average rating: 2.8/5 MSRP: $$19.95
Description: New Small Wonder HT Antenna is truly remarkable for its size! Pound for pound, this is the best HT antenna around. You get remarkable performance from this super tiny (less than an inch tall) antenna. it's perfect for traveling and monitoring calls. It doesn't get in your way! Receives and transmits on 2 Meter/440 MHz. Also receives great signals at 1200 MHz.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1719S

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1719S Small Wonder HT Antenna.

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 22, 2014 10:03 Send this review to a friend
OK for size  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A short antenna so signals are down from stock antenna on VX-3R. But like the small size, build QC looks good to me. Not bad for $16, happy with mine. 73 K1WJ

VE7KNQ Rating: 3/5 Jul 20, 2012 03:10 Send this review to a friend
Interesting antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted a tiny antenna to use on my radio(s) while at work and this one seemed perfect. I put it on my Yaesu VX-3R and the radio became totally deaf and mute. I couldn't make it into repeaters that I normally do with the stock VX-3R antenna. Next I put it on my Yaesu VX-7R and was pleasantly surprised. All my local repeaters were in range again, VHF and UHF. The signal was not as good as with the original VX-7R antenna but it worked suprisingly well. I haven't tried it on simplex yet but I wouldn't hold out much hope for any sort of performance. This antenna is not for low power use. As far as I can tell you need at least a 5 watt radio with a good receiver to get any performance. In my opinion this is an adequate antenna as long as you don't expect too much.

K2OMN Rating: 3/5 Oct 11, 2009 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Great on UHF - Deaf on VHF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
1" in size it works extremely well on UHF but it is completely DEAF on VHF. Be Warned! Great for concealment use on UHF only.

N1LAZ Rating: 4/5 Dec 29, 2007 12:19 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used with a IC-T81A, I can get into repeaters a few miles away on low power (half watt), and on high power (5W) I can barely make it into a repeater about 10 miles away.

All in all it works just fine.

N3EAY Rating: 0/5 Jun 30, 2007 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Deaf & Dumb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As soon as I put it on, my vx5r became deaf. It could not hear the repeaters in the area, the local public service bands or the weather broadcasts. Judging by output power indicator, my vx5r was generating full power but it must remain as a capacitive loss as I could not open a repeater that I work regularly with the OEM antenna. The only viable use for this antenna would be for concealment under a jacket when working with others in a close proximity.