Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Audiotronics HS-31 from All Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Audiotronics HS-31 from All Electronics
Audiotronics HS-31 from All Electronics Reviews: 3 Average rating: 1.7/5 MSRP: $4
Description: A $4.00 headset/boom mic with a dynamic (not electret) microphone.
More info: http://www.allelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the Audiotronics HS-31 from All Electronics.

N3OYA Rating: 3/5 Oct 30, 2006 04:31 Send this review to a friend
Worth every penny  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently purchased a set of these for myself. You can read the full details of my endeavor here:

I am satisfied with them. They're not going to raise any industry quality-control standards, and you have to dink them a little to get them to work (see the writeup in the above link).

But what you end up with is a product that works reasonably well, without the hundred bucks or so you'll spend on a more-"professional", pull-it-from-the-box-and-go setup. I've used mine in several contests as well as casual operating, and they've served me well.

All in all, I'm satisfied.

N1KSN Rating: 1/5 Jul 8, 2006 04:46 Send this review to a friend
Indeed, a dud  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was making up an order from All Electronics and decided to spend $4 in spite of the previous review. I find All Electronics a fun place to shop and some good buys are available, but this isn't one of them!

I didn't even test the microphone after checking out the headphones. I can live with their physical configuration, but the audio is just terrible. Low volume and easily distorted.

I may try to disassemble the unit and see if I can replace the earphone units, but I'll probably just toss it in the junkbox.

K3AN Rating: 1/5 Feb 14, 2006 06:41 Send this review to a friend
Fair price for what you get.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good: Robust construction, dynamic mic (not electret), crisp transmit audio, mic boom doesn't droop. Bad: Too heavy, insufficient headband padding, serious high-freq rolloff of audio in the headphones (was that "F" or "S"?), vinyl ear "muffs" mean sweaty ears. Ugly: See the photo.

You'll need to change the mic connector (1/4" phone plug), but at least the well-constructed cable makes that an easy task.

At first appearance, this seemed like an incredible bargain. But in the final analysis, I don't think it's worth any more than $4.00.