Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | CG-2000 automatic antenna tuner Help

Reviews Summary for CG-2000 automatic antenna tuner
CG-2000 automatic antenna tuner Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $250
Description: CG-2000 automatic antenna tuner. covers whole HF band automatically. waterproof housing. 150W
More info: http://www.cgantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the CG-2000 automatic antenna tuner.

EA3OW Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2010 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Good tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have nothing bad to say about this tuner. I'm using it in a 37' boat with only 7m wire and a groundplate, I have made QSO on 160m!
I'm very happy with it, I can use it in all bands with 100 watts. The only probelm was the RF returning to my rig, but I solve this with an MFJ-915 RF isolator.

G6PHH Rating: 4/5 Feb 22, 2010 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
See my earlier post.
Well all working fine again.
Found the fault was a failed strip on the PCB (after water submersion).Managed to bridge over with a wire strap.
Also installed a new coax plug and trimmed off 1 metre of the old coax.
Water proofed the cracked box with good qualaty silicone adheasive AND covered with a plastic bag.
I also drilled two 2mm drain holes in the base of the box.

M0GER Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2008 04:28 Send this review to a friend
no problems at all  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have this little tuner in every day use and not once did it fail to tune or lock up. Ground is a single earth rod, the antenna just a 10m piece of wire running along the wooden fence.
It's not a 6 element monoband beam but does allow European wide contacts on 160, 80 and 40.
Good value for money!

CT1IDW Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2007 08:03 Send this review to a friend
It works!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a nice tuner, air wound coils, no lossy toroids. It works on all HF bands, povided the mismatch is within the tuner specs. Very good price in Europe, less than half of an equivalent SGC.
It's a very nice tuner with an excellent price.

GW4PJQ Rating: 2/5 Jun 17, 2006 15:55 Send this review to a friend
Problems beware  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this atu as a solution to reducing my feeder loss with my G5RV. I asked the seller if this unbalanced atu can be used with a dipole. I was told that it would be fine. Once installed I was at first very impressed with a vswr of less than 1.5:1 obtained instantly. If you didnt know the atu was there you would never have guessed it. However when I tried to go on 10m the unit locked up and made the antenna useless on all bands. I had to go down the garden to power it down to reset it. The unit was returned and the replacement is no better. I tried long wires better grounding all to no avail. So should you buy one? I would sy NO! Spend the extra for the SGC unit.

OH3UK Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2006 22:45 Send this review to a friend
Easy to install and use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had CG-2000 tuner one week in use. This is my first automatic tuner. Installation was fast and easy. The tuner has ready made connectors: one for RF, one for 12VDC and two screws for output and ground. The case is waterproof. The distance between station and tower is in my case 15 metres. The tower is 20 metres high and on top of it there is a surplus NAVY whip of of 6 metres. Cables are buried in an underground tube. Oscillation or any other instability have not been found. 12VDC comes from a station power supply.
The tuner has three grounding sticks as protective grounds. There is also a counterpoise of 20 metres buried.
Tuner matches in my case 1.85 to 29.5 MHz to SWR 1,33 or better. Tuning is fast and accurate. I have had during first week about 100 QSO on different bands. It is easy to almost forget the tuner. You can tune using a carrier, 10w is enough. You can also use full power. Just start talking or send CW. The tuner is selective. You hear better in a tuned condition.
I recommend SWR-meter between between radio and tuner. Your radio may already have it built in. Then you can see how the tuner works and when a tuned condition is met. There is a "Tuned"-LED available, if you want, but SWR-meter is my recommendation. Do not use a linear. The power limit is 150w. Satisfied? Absolutely.