Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | CT Headset Help

Reviews Summary for CT Headset
CT Headset Reviews: 3 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $24.95 - 44.95
Description: CT Headset with boom microphone and PTT box
More info: http://www.anthonywelsh.com

You can write your own review of the CT Headset.

WA7DET Rating: 2/5 Oct 21, 2007 22:17 Send this review to a friend
Don't waste your money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received mine about a week ago and finally tried to use it today. Like a previous review the boom for the mic is short and just reaches the mouth. Audio output is so low that even talking real loud I get about 10 watts out when it should be 100 on peaks. The ALC doesn't even show any modulation. This results were with the same gain settings as used with the hand mic. The ear phones don't have much volume either. I consider them a waste of money and will probably just cut off the connector and PTT box to use with something else. This is the first headset that I've tried and also the lowest rating I've ever given.

HB9TNJ Rating: 1/5 Aug 26, 2007 06:12 Send this review to a friend
CT Pro Headset from Anthony Welsh  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I bought the CT PRO headset / HS-7P from Anthony Welsh but I'am sorry to say that, it's cheap crap made in China (it's written on!) and and I would say, useless for Ham radio.
Anthony Welsh sell it for up to
UK pounds 56.95 / USD $114.00 for Ham radio use!
OK, Anthony describe it as follows: 'there is real leather and no pain even after (wearing it for) 48 hours, featuring completely new and innovative design,' - I tried it out, well there is no leather so far, only plastic but is it at least comfortable?
I tried that also and could keep the headset on my head about 15 min. not longer, resulting in a pair of painful ears... =:-O
I checked the w.w.w. and what do I find?
They sell it for USD 8.84! at NCIXUS.COM
... my fault, but the advertising was nicely tricked. The audio quality is poor and not good enough for Ham radio use, it's made for Internet -chat, -phone use. I tried to change the microphone, but as it is made with cheap standard components there is missing the 3rd wire or for the mike, so I think, it's completely useless for Ham radio use.
So folks be careful with nice ads from Anthony Welsh, as he seem to be a not so honest guy at all. Even when he sell also excellent products, hi
73, Swen, HB9TNJ

NX7U Rating: 3/5 Jan 16, 2007 08:55 Send this review to a friend
OK...but nothing special  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Basically a midrange computer/VoIP headset that is supplied with the appropriate connector for your specified radio. In addition a small hardwired PTT box is included. The PTT box is about 1" cube and has a small, intermittant contact pushbutton that sits on the tabletop and can be used for PTT. It works fine, the electret element has sufficient drive for Icom radios. But it is a consumer/computer headset, not a communications one. The mic boom is a bit short of making it to your mouth (though many computer headsets barely make it halfway!) and the "flexi-boom" material is a bit lightweight. In summary, it's not a bad way to go if you don't want to fork over the $$ for a Heil etc., but you can certainly tell the difference. PS the unit is shipped from Ukraine. I mention this only because I had the impression it would come from England.