Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Straight Key - Standard Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex Straight Key - Standard
Vibroplex Straight Key - Standard Reviews: 15 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $159.95
Description: A heavy solid steel base anchors the straight key to the operating position. The lever arm pivots in the famous chromed mainframe. A stainless steel spring allows complete control of the tension. And, of course, the Straight Key has the famous brass Vibroplex logo plate with a unique serial number pinned to the top of the base with stainless steel pins.
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/straight_key.htm

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Straight Key - Standard.

WX4O Rating: 4/5 Dec 5, 2007 10:15 Send this review to a friend
I like it.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice smooth feel. Worth the money.

W8ZNX Rating: 1/5 Dec 5, 2007 09:45 Send this review to a friend
unuseable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
trying to use bug parts
to make a straight key
does not work

Vibroblex has of late become less than
great when it comes to
after the sale customer relations

kept mine for abt 3 months
then sold it on e bay for
nearly what i payed for it

mac dit dit

AB0XE Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2007 06:15 Send this review to a friend
EASY SENDING  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the black standard key. It has a
nice finish, much nicer the my more costly
GHD str key .
I can only compare to other Str keys I have used, Nye speed X , Bencher and , GHD. I like its feel much more than the others. I would rate it a little better than my Nye which has been my favorite. I was able to reduce the tension on the spring, so I got a nice light feeling in the lever
and thus it makes sending almost effortless.
This is a keeper, great looks and great sending.
73 Steve

M3UFZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2007 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Very nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I dont actually own one and i personally only really use an iambic but a good friend of mine at G5KN KDARS(Im sure that i speak for him aswell) has one and it is very very nice. Unlike most straight keys i have tried this key didnt tire your arm out after each over. With this key you can have a much more relaxing qso. It has a very nice bouncy feel wich means you dont have to work as hard to send. This is a very good key.

Highly Recommended! So much so that i might try to pursuade my dad (M3UCW) to buy me one.

73s Anthony M3UFZ

KE7LOY Rating: 2/5 May 7, 2007 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Needs lots of work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The contact on the key arm causes a spring like almost spongy feel. Next to impossible to send code. I took it apart and removed the washer that held the contact and put the contact directly on the arm. It doesn't line up perfectly, but it works well. Also, the solid steel key stand sits up too high. I replaced the screw-on rubber feet with shorter ones and it's better. I don't know what possesses some companies to put the equivalent of a car spring in these newer keys. The spring is way to strong. I have my key set at the bare minimum and it's barely okay. It's a heavy key...feels like you're sending code with a bat. But after working with it, it's fair. And help from Vibroplex? Forget it!