Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Cushcraft 719B Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft 719B
Cushcraft 719B Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $169.99
Description: 19element 13.5 ft boom 15db gain 432mhz yagi
More info: http://www.cushcraftamateur.com/

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft 719B.

WV4R Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2006 14:30 Send this review to a friend
2-KW PEP on UHF???  Time owned: more than 12 months
Today I said goodbye to an old friend… my Cushcraft Model: 719B. KI5DX called me this afternoon with a bad case of the ‘gotta haves’ for his new high-band tower. Richard just drove away and I thought I might write a eulogy for the 719B.

I prefer a folded dipole match and the 2-KW PEP rated balun feed certainly allows for ‘headroom’ cuz Who runs That much power on UHF! The balun has a factory “N” connector so I used “N” to “SO-239” adapter… bless me Father I sinned but it works great and PL-259 connectors are easier to solder up for me.

The 3-piece, 13.5-foot boom is secured with hose clamps And bolts.

The folded dipole match is aluminum tube but the elements are solid aluminum insulated from the boom.

I dunno about 15.5db since I cannot accurately measure it but it really reaches out and has a Very narrow beam width so you better know where you want to point it.

The whole antenna weighs in at less than 6-lbs so you won’t get a hynernia lifting onto your mast. Wind load is specified at 1.2 Square Feet so you could use a TV rotor. The Boom/Mast bracket will take 1.25-2” mast. I installed it on my 2” mast and it tightened up just fine.

Design, Materials, Performance, Reliability earn the Cushcraft Model: 719B the WV4R 5-Star rating.

73 es God bless, wv4r/murf.

NE0P Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2006 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Nice high gain antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put one of these up a little over a year ago, and love it so far. I bought it used and for some reason it was painted black (must have been owned by The Rolling Stones) but that doesn't seem to affect performance. I used it on tropo last summer and worked from SW Oklahoma (EM04) to Northern Illinois (EN41 and EN51) with no problem. I also use it alot on the satellites and it does a great job there also. Fairly narrow bandwidth but you would expect that with a 19 element beam. It isn't mounted very high either, but it still just performs. Well made although I don't understand why the coax is supposed to go on the top side of the boom. If you want to get on 432 I highly recommend this antenna. Great gain for a 12 foot boom.

KE9K Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2005 18:38 Send this review to a friend
IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT UHF  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the antenna for you. Great forward gain, good front to back and very well built antenna. Joe ke9k

W8GTX Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2005 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The one big thing I like about Cushcraft Yagis is there construction. Always top notch in my book. The antenna has a flat match and operates without flaw number one! Typical Cushcraft.

K9WIT Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2004 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Preformance Plus !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these great antennas one horizontal and one vertical. Both have a swr less than 1:3 across the entire band. They still preform for me as well as they did new, 10 years ago.

N5NJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 8, 2000 00:19 Send this review to a friend
Excelent Value for 432  Time owned: unknown months
My earlier review was truncated. The balance of it said that the antenna assembled easily and performs very well. This one is not too big, but is a serious UHF yagi.

N5NJ Rating: 4/5 Sep 4, 1999 19:07 Send this review to a friend
  Time owned: unknown months
I bought a cheap antenna for 432 at a flea market earlier this year and it would not match no matter what I did. I decided that it was too small anyway and wanted to get an M2 (m-squared) antenna but Texas Towers didn't have any in stock and they were not sure if they'd get them in time for next week's contest.

K5GW (owner of Texas Towers) suggested the Cushcraft 719B. I looked at the specs and it's only 13.5 feet long so I decided to give it a try. It comes in a long box - about 7 feet long. With my cars' back seat folded down, I brought it home. Subtracting out the time spent convincing my XYL that I wasn't doing anything in the back yard, I assembled it in less than an hour. Typical Cushcraft construction methods and no missing parts. One screw was 2