Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | OptiBeam OB1-30 (30m shortened rotary dipole) Help

Reviews Summary for OptiBeam OB1-30 (30m shortened rotary dipole)
OptiBeam OB1-30 (30m shortened rotary dipole) Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $400
Description: High efficient 30 meters shortened rotatable dipole, like the OB1-40 almost lossfree reduced in size due to the "OptiBeam Air Coil" .
More info: http://www.optibeam.de

You can write your own review of the OptiBeam OB1-30 (30m shortened rotary dipole).

HB9ANM Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2012 02:47 Send this review to a friend
Amazing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Assembling the OB1-30 was a breeze, the manual is very well done and everything fits together nicely. I like the way the tubes are bolted together - a simple, but very efficient, reliable system. It took a little more than an hour to put it together and install it on my tower (at 45 ft). Then came the big surprise: signals came in about two S points stronger than with the inverted vee. My first QSO was with a JA. Then I called CQ DX - and generated a small pileup! This antenna makes me feel like a big gun... A shortened dipole? Yes, but the low-loss coils make all the difference!

I can only recommend this antenna and add another 5 stars to the many stars OptiBeam already has on eham.net. Thanks, Tom, for an outstanding product and service.

best 73
Richard - HB9ANM

ON4CCP Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2007 14:10 Send this review to a friend
super !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not that much to say, except that this is again Optibeam Quality

assembly : about 45 minutes, tower mounting included
swr : 1.2:1

I just tested the antenna (only 11m high due to high winds) during 30 minutes with 1KW:
36 QSO's made : 17x JA, 4x PY, 1x ZL and 14 european stations contacted.

Of course on 30m everyone plays in CW, but for me this proves the OB1-30 efficiency.

Thanks Tom for the nice design !

73s Koen
OT1A/ON4CCP

DL1EJA Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2007 04:02 Send this review to a friend
technology on its best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have this dipole mounted together with OB1-40 on a boom section about 2m on top of a OB-11-5 about 20m over ground. It is really a amazing, how easy it is to assable and to use. Worked 5 new DXCC (#244) in the first week: This one is a pileup killer!

SV1BYI Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2006 02:57 Send this review to a friend
I LOVE OPTIBEAM  Time owned: more than 12 months
All what I have said in my review regarding the OB1-40 I can say about the OB1-30 as well. I have no space for a 40/30m Yagi, if so, for sure I had the OB4030 up on my tower.
But the OB1-30 already makes you feel like being one of the louder stations on 30m, it seems to be much more than just a rotary dipole. And what I have said concerning my OB1-40 counts here as well, without any doubts for me it is like day and night comparing the OB1-30 to a lossy vertical or a poor inverted vee.
Dxing with the 1-30 is fun. As short as the element is, the secret again is the high Q coil which is used to shorten the element, and which is the same coil used on the OptiBeam 40m element, a real piece of art.
Since I have the OB1-30 up on my tower I enjoy dxing on 30m, I have directivity, apparently I have a loud signal, and so I have a lot of fun. You want to work more than 245 countries within two years on 10 MHZ? Then go ahead and install an OB1-30