Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | Octavia Company Help

Reviews Summary for Octavia Company
Octavia Company Reviews: 146 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Russian printer with custom graphic art - 5 Stars. NOTE: Long delivery times to be expected for foreign shipments.
More info: http://www.octavia.com

You can write your own review of the Octavia Company.

W9LP Rating: 0/5 Nov 6, 2011 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Caveat Emptor  Time owned: more than 12 months
Took my money, no cards, no response to emails, never heard from him again. Looked like he went out of business. Buyer Beware!

N0GBR Rating: 0/5 May 1, 2009 11:11 Send this review to a friend
No cards after 2.5 yrs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Many, many messages sent to Octavia after spending $100 on cards several years ago. (I've pledged to send them email 'til the day I die complaining about bilking me) Everthing from "lost" to "we had the flu"... Don't lose your money. John N0GBR

5R8GQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Cards, Good Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have ordered two different double sided custom color PHOTO QSL cards on heavy stock from Octavia and both times they came out perfectly. Delivery was 2-3 months. So what? You cannot TOUCH color photo two sided cards in the USA for their prices. You can see the front side of the cards at QRZ by searching 5R8GQ and AD6KA. If you want a cheap looking, one color cheesy mass produced QSL card, like most US ops have, you have plenty of choices at home to chose from.
Val was so pleased with the way my 5R8 card came out that re ran and shipped me and EXTRA 1,000 cards FOR FREE!

KE5LDO Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2008 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Map I orderd came quickly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my order for their world map (which I prefer over the ARRL Map) and it was only 2 weeks until the order was processed and received it 10 days later from Russia. No complaints on this end. I will order again from them.

KB9RID Rating: 4/5 Jan 3, 2007 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Good service...Happy Overall  Time owned: more than 12 months
I ordered 1000 cards I believe. Email communication was great. Proofs arrived promptly and looked nice. It took about four months for my cards to arrive but they look great. I have my card posted on QRZ.com under my callsign if you'd like to look.

I recently tried to access their site but the QSL part says it's under construction. Maybe new owners? Hopefully they'll be up and running when I need to re-order.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but I didn't have any trouble with their service.

I'd recommend em' if their website was up and running.

Ryan / KB9RID

WA7SCH Rating: 0/5 Oct 7, 2006 21:30 Send this review to a friend
arrggghhhh  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent money via the checkout service, got proofs, all that stuff.
No cards, some e-mail excuses, same BS as everybody else got.
I see the site is back up - don't use them unless you really want to be ripped off.
Complete waste of time, energy, and money.

N5KF Rating: 1/5 Jun 12, 2006 15:43 Send this review to a friend
I think they are out of business  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Used them a couple years back. Good work, reasonable time (3 months) for the cards. Excellent email reply's, proofs, etc. Not bad. Trying again, but email now bounces. No phone number to call them. (don't mind long distance phone calls...if I have a number). Looks like I will have to take my business elsewhere. Too bad, nice web site, nice images, but NO service. At least I never sent in any money!! Really use to be first rate over the years...and honestly hope that they come back some day. Till then, will try somebody else.

AA0TT Rating: 0/5 Jun 11, 2006 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Wasted my time!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was in search over the internet for my QSL cards as I wanted something different this time around, and came upon Val's sharp looking website. I saw a particular card that I was real impressed with, and e-mailed in my order, along with the account infomation. My credit card was charged at the time of the order, and I received a confirmaion e-mail.

At the time I thought Great! I'll have my proofs soon! After well over a month, and no replys from Val, I contacted 2CO.com. Funny, the next day I had the proofs, along wiht a letter of apology saying that there had been a family emergency and also that I was the first one that had ordered that particular card, and that the master had been lost was just located.

Okay, I thought, give Val another chance. I can certainly understand if there was a family illness, so thus I waited... and waited....and waited. I never received any return communication, so I contacted 2CO.com again. ( Thanks to N8LY for posting the information). When 2CO.com tried to contact him, they also did not have any return communications, and then my credit card was refunded.

With that, I have wasted nearly 4 months with this. I know it has been earlier stated but I agree, "Why didn't I read the board first" AAAARRRRGGGG!!!

I am going to repost the info for 2CO.com. I would sugest that if you have an order, don't waste your time, get in touch with them right now and cancel your order and get your money back!!!

2Checkout.com Inc
1785 O'Brien Road
Columbus, OH 43228
mailto:wfranklin@2co.com

XE1CT Rating: 0/5 Apr 12, 2006 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Very bad company  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I put my order on August 04 2005, nothing so far.
Please beware and get your cards from other company.
I feel my self robbed by Octavia, Val only needs your money, after he receives the payment he forgets you.

Sergio, xe1ct.

N8LY Rating: 0/5 Apr 8, 2006 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Find Someone Else To Deal With !!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Why didn't I read this message board before I placed my order ????? After reading the last two messages posted, this thought immediately came to me.

As most of the other hams who posted messages, I too have been ripped off by Val.

I placed my order in December and have had little response. The responses that I received promised a quick resolution to my complaints. Of course, I still have not received my order.

A word to the wise.....don't make the same mistake that I made. Find another printer to purchase your QSL cards from. Don't get caught up with the fancy website and sharp images like I did. Another friendly word of advice, don't waste your time calling Val. He no longer answers the phone.

If you need it, here is the information to 2Checkout.com. If you've been waiting a while, I highly recommend that you contact the company and request a refund.

2Checkout.com Inc