Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | Octavia Company Help

Reviews Summary for Octavia Company
Octavia Company Reviews: 146 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Russian printer with custom graphic art - 5 Stars. NOTE: Long delivery times to be expected for foreign shipments.
More info: http://www.octavia.com

You can write your own review of the Octavia Company.

AL9A Rating: 0/5 Apr 3, 2006 22:06 Send this review to a friend
Cards arrived today, FINALLY!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Please see my review dated Dec. 30, 2005 for all the gory details.

A month ago I again wrote Val and requested a refund on the portion of my order that had not yet been received. He asked me to wait a bit longer and offered to send a small packet of "extra" cards left over from the full run. Today, April 4, I received an envelope containing approximately 80 cards AND the second box of 1,000 QSL cards from my original order of 2,000 cards!

Val had emailed me on Sept. 15, 2005 that 2 boxes with the full 2,000 card order had shipped on that date. The first box was received on Dec. 14th, but the other was missing in action until today. The box that arrived today has postal stamps dated 26/01/06, so it must be a long way from the print shop to the post office! About 4 months away apparently!

I don't know exactly what has happened to Octavia, but the service has taken a big time hit. The list of excuses has grown exponentially more humorous, but the lack of service is no laughing matter. Let the buyer beware!!!

NS2X Rating: 0/5 Mar 25, 2006 18:47 Send this review to a friend
8 months and NO CARDS YET !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I received these comments on March 5th... then NOTHING SINCE. I requested, and received, an immediate refund from 2checkout.com. Comments from Octavia "I apologize for the delayed order and lack of communication due to my recent illness. I had no chance to reply to numerous emails received for the past month. Now Octavia little by little returns to a normal operation.
We are finishing printing of your order (it will be completed in a few days). NONE order is in jeopardy or will not be completed.

Now March 26th and I still have had no response from Octavia... I'll send the money if I ever get the cards... NS2X...greg

N4ZZK Rating: 4/5 Mar 10, 2006 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Returning to normal  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered from Val about 5 times now. I was concerned this last time since I didn't get any replies to my recent emails. See note below I received from Val last week explaining the reason.

"... I apologize for the delayed order and lack of communication due to my recent illness. I had no chance to reply to numerous emails received for the past month. Now Octavia little by little returns to a normal operation."

Since that time, my cards have arrived. As usual the quality and value are excellent. This last order took about 7 months. My previous orders ranged between 4 and 6 months.

They do good work and really try to be customer oriented but even in the best of times, you need to expect about 6 months turnaround.

If they ever get that facet corrected, they would rate a 5.

73...Al

W1KLJ Rating: 0/5 Feb 20, 2006 18:19 Send this review to a friend
5 months wasted  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Based on the information on NE8Z/HC1MD's web page, I contacted Octavia in September 2005 about having cards printed. Communication was great until I approved the proofs for my cards. Then, nothing…….. I waited 8 weeks, since Octavia's web site says "most orders will be shipped within 8-9 weeks of proof approval". I then started sending emails requesting advise on the projected ship date. Still nothing. After sending 10 emails in 6 weeks, and getting absolutely no response, I contacted 2CheckOut.com (who processed the order payment) and requested a refund. They asked that I wait 48 hours while they contacted Octavia to resolve the problem. I waited 5 days. Neither I nor 2CheckOut.com received a reply. I again requested a refund which was posted to my account 24 hours later. (Great job 2CheckOut.com!) I, too, wish I'd remembered to check here first.

N0GBR Rating: 0/5 Feb 19, 2006 18:34 Send this review to a friend
NEVER USE THEM  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ordered (and paid for) QSLs in summer of '05. Professional web site and response initially. then ..."sorry for delay" "we all got influenza" "your cards are in the mail" ... then nothing. They sent me an email (I think by mistake) that said they changed their email address because of junk mail (I BET!!). I regret not looking into eHam.net prior to ordering! I will contine to send complaining email to them for the rest of my life complaining! ("junk mail")

WN7DRX Rating: 0/5 Feb 19, 2006 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Don't order from these people!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Started order process late November 2005. Paid extra for expedited shipping. Approved proofs early December 2005. That was the last time I heard from Qctavia. About mid-January 2006 was curious on status of order and sent email. That email and the four subsequent remain unanswered. Filed dispute of charge with my credit card company last week. I do think American Express is great. They issued immediate credit and are taking over the battle. Octavia has a great Internet site and I'll admit I was fooled by its professional appearance. Wish I had checked out these eHam reviews prior ordering. Sure would have prevented a lot of pain and wasted time.

KB2QQM Rating: 0/5 Jan 24, 2006 23:06 Send this review to a friend
RIPPED OFF-NO CARDS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
IT'S BEEN SINCE LAST SUMMER AND STILL NO EMAILS AS TO MY STATUS. I ORDERED 1000 CARDS. I GOT THE PROOFS (EMAILED) BUT NEVER RECEIVED THE CARDS.

GO SPEND YOUR MONEY AT A CASINO BECAUSE YOU AT LEAST HAVE A CHANCE OF GETTING SOMETHING BACK.
HOME HEATING COSTS MUST BE UP IN RUSSIA TOO. THAT'S WHERE MY MONEY WENT.

I GOT RIPPED OFF. BUYER BEWARE.

NS2X Rating: 0/5 Jan 14, 2006 20:05 Send this review to a friend
BUYER BEWARE !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
IT HAS BEEN TWENTY TWO (22+) WEEKS SINCE I APPROVED MY QSL PROOFS AND I PAID MY FEE BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY CARDS AND CAN NOT EVEN GET A STATUS UPDATE. THEY WERE QUICK ENOUGH TO TAKE MY MONEY AND I'M NOT SURE IF I'LL EVER GET QSL CARDS? NS2X
29 JUN 05 – Requested quote
01 JUL 05 - Received Quote
08 JUL O5 – PAID FOR 2000 CUSTOM QSL CARDS
09 JUL 05 – order confirmation received
15 JUL 05 – received proofs
17 JUL 05 – sent email approving proofs
09 SEP 05 – sent email requesting status
15 SEP 05 – received status email stating cards almost ready – will ship them in a week.
13 NOV 05 – sent email requesting status – NO RESPONSE
19 DEC 05 – received orderstatus email – DID NOT LIST MY CALL ???
19 DEC 05 – sent email requesting status – NO RESPONSE
27 DEC 05 – received orderstatus email – DID NOT LIST MY CALL ???
28 DEC 05 – sent email requesting status – NO RESPONSE
14 JAN 06 – STILL NO CARDS – AND WORSE YET... NO RESPONSE ?????
BUYER BEWARE..... I'LL GIVE UPDATE IF THERE IS EVER ONE... Greg NS2X

AL9A Rating: 0/5 Dec 30, 2005 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Poor performance getting worse!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I hate to give such a negative review, but if you need QSL cards, go else where. I have ordered from Octovia three times now. The first two orders were slow to arrive, 7 - 8 weeks, but now delivery has deteriorated into the months time range. I started trying to reorder 2,000 cards on April 11, 2005. A long series of unanswered emails finally culminated with the proofs being received and approved on May 23rd. This was for a reorder - no real changes were made to the artwork! In mid July I was told the order was ready to ship. On Sept. 15 I was told the order had shipped and would be here soon. On Oct. 5 I was again told the order shipped and 5 cards were sent via air mail as proof of printing. On Oct. 14 I received the 5 cards sent via air mail. Five months to get 5 cards! On Dec. 14th I received one package of cards containing 974 cards, not 1,000. As of this date, the second package has not arrived although Val assures me it is in transit. I have no idea when, or if, I will ever see that part of the order. When I placed my first order with Octavia they shipped via air mail. Since then they have started shipping surface. Bad news! Val has become very unresponsive to inquiries and the list of excuses is starting to sound like, "The dog ate my homework!". The product quality is excellent, the price somewhat competitive, but the delivery is abysmal. It is unfortunate Octavia's delivery performance has gotten so bad, but no one should have to pay to endure this kind of service. See my review of UX5UO QSL Print for a better option.

XE1CT Rating: 0/5 Dec 22, 2005 07:03 Send this review to a friend
No answers  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After some mails with Val I put my order in 04/08/05. Order status checked on 19/10/05: "ready for shipping". Order status checked again on 06/11/05: "In transit" confirmed by Val. On 21/12/05 have sent 15 mails with out any single answer of what is happening with my order.
I will never buy anything from Octavia
I΄m feeling robbed by now. :(

Make your life easier and check what we think about UX5UO QSL print