Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | G4FON Morse Tutor Help

Reviews Summary for G4FON Morse Tutor
G4FON Morse Tutor Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $free
Description: Morse code trainer.
More info: http://www.g4fon.net/CW%20Trainer.htm

You can write your own review of the G4FON Morse Tutor.

AA6A Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2006 10:46 Send this review to a friend
New Vers. 9.1.4 has improved UI  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Thanks for your excellent software. It is helping me dust off the rust from my code skills and improve my speed. The new User Interface looks very nice.

The most recent version 9.1.4 has typos on the Setup Dialog Tabs.

The Morse Tab reads: "Morse Characeter Setup"
It should read: "Morse Character Setup"

The General Tab reads: "Generatl Setup"
It should read: "General Setup"

A helpful additional to the program would be a Copied Text Entry Dialog. The Characters could be typed and entered via the PC Keyboard as they are heard. After the session is completed, the contents of this dialog could be viewed and compared against the sent characters display area. This would be far more convenient to check accuracy (and for errors) than doing so in the window of another program or from a paper sheet. The program could even do the compare process and highlight erroneous characters in Red, as well as provide an accuracy report of the number of erroneous characters and an accuracy percentage. Users would only need to adjust the display delay of the sounded characters to suit their needs. For touch typists, this would be most welcome enhancement to an already exceptional.

Very 73,

Rob - AA6A

VR2LH Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2006 21:28 Send this review to a friend
Top Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am really pleased I came across this software, can't rate it high enough! After years away from morse I am a beginner again but I am sure with this software it won't be that way for long. Well done G4FON, thanks, much better than my old morse tutor!!!

KE5CTT Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2006 19:21 Send this review to a friend
The best I've tried  Time owned: more than 12 months
After trying a few PC based Morse tutor programs, I found the G4FON software. It's a pleasure to use. First you just listen to 2 characters until you can tell them apart, then you add a third, and so on. Each new character really stands out.

Using this software I got to 5 wpm in 5 weeks.

KI6BTZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2006 17:13 Send this review to a friend
0-5 WPM in less than 2 weeks  Time owned: months
Having to get an extra class license in less than a month, and not having heard code in perhaps 15 years or more, this freeware program was just the thing.

I had bought the ARRL and Gordon Morse CD's and despaired of ever learning morse that way.

There are actually two modules. The basic trainer generates the code sessions through your computer sound card. There is another module into which you can type your copy and have it compared with the sent text automatically.

The learning is progressive, with an emphasis on the latest letters if desired.

It installed on both my workstation and laptop without difficulty.

There are numerous bells and whistles such as sample QSO's, increased speeds, QRM, and bad fists which I haven't even looked at. I presume they work just as well.

No doubt there are other such programs, but this was the first I stumbled onto, and I'm very glad I did.