Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | LZ2US MC2K Help

Reviews Summary for LZ2US MC2K
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3150
Description: 144Mhz amplifier with a pair of GU74Bs in the final

You can write your own review of the LZ2US MC2K.

DK5YA Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2011 05:46 Send this review to a friend
Artwork - best money can buy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Having my MC2K now for almost one year I must say: this a very fine piece of craftmanship. I was a proud owner of a Hungarian GS35B amp for almost 13 years and it was working fine. But since I'm doing a lot of JT65B on EME the amp was always close to the edge and getting quite hot in times. I usually wanted to go to a solid state amp in the 2K+ range after this but when I heard from so many OP's burning their bricks i went back to tubes. Good decision.
LZ2US's MC2K is very different from the rest you'll find in this range. A lot of fool save electronics, a huge transformer and solid like a rock even when running full power (which is quite a lot!). And this artwork stays cool all the time. The amp is worth the price paying for, I bet you aint find anything better in this price range. Rating 5+++!

G4RRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2009 12:19 Send this review to a friend
Its a keeper  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its always good to have an update,and I see there are no other reviews.

Its still performing just as well as the day it arrived in the shack,no loss of power,no reliability problems,and the protection works well as I found out after cremating my preamp :-)
Yes, Im still in love with this amp