Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | Craftsman Single Speed Rotary Tool 572.610830 Help

Reviews Summary for Craftsman Single Speed Rotary Tool 572.610830
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $About $40
Description: What a Dremel wants to be when it grews up
More info: http://I dunno go to Sears or OSH

You can write your own review of the Craftsman Single Speed Rotary Tool 572.610830.

K2GW Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2006 07:41 Send this review to a friend
It's made by Dremel!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sears doesn't have any tool factories. They're a retailer. Your Craftsman single speed rotary tool is a Dremel single speed rotary tool made for Sears by Dremel. The only diference between them is the label on the case.

I own 3 Dremels and haven't had any problems with them.

NS6Y_ Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2006 03:35 Send this review to a friend
A REAL rotary tool!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've always had a love-hate relationship to Dremel tools - loved the idea, hated what I got when I bought a begins-with-D product. I needed a rotary tool though, so I bit the bullet and went to my local OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware, owned by Sears) and got one of these, figuring at least it's only $40 down the drain. I got home, opened the box and found a tool, ok, plus what's this? A bunch of tips and a little wrench, ok, pretty cool, and wow hey, a little "gatemouth" type bag embroidered with "CRAFTSMAN" that's pretty cool. I set it aside for a few days and then got involved in building that little component analyzer I've reviewed, and needed to put a couple of holes in one of the PCBs, so I got this Craftsman out, and found to my delight that the collet with it fits a carbide PCB bit just fine - cool! When I turned this on, no "play" in the chuck, no bit wobbling all over the place, I was able to drill both holes very precisely using my professional hold the tool in one hand and the workpiece in the other style. Very cool! Then I decided a couple of days ago to make some Altoids box compatible pieces of pad-per-hole PCB board. This tool came out again, with a cutting wheel installed, it actually cuts the material very well, although a large paper cutter turned out to work better. However, one of the little sanding drums that came with this did a great job of rounding the corners and taking the burrs off of 40 little PCBs, and looks like it will last for 80 more. This is one cool little tool! It doesn't get hot, it's very well made, there's no sideplay in the bit to speak of, and it's got one speed. It doesn't fool around. I suspect there are a lot of other exasperated people tired of the "big-D" and what a tool could be, I suggest you get on over to Sears and get one of these, you can really get some work done.