Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Sony MDR-V150 Headphones Help

Reviews Summary for Sony MDR-V150 Headphones
Sony MDR-V150 Headphones Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$19.95
Description: Sony's MDR-V150 Studio Monitor Series Headphones feature Supra-Aural Design for excellent listening comfort. Also included are the 30 mm Diameter Drivers for deep bass, High-Energy Ferrite Magnets, Reversible Earcups for single-sided monitoring, a Wide Molded Headband for long-lasting comfort, and a Stereo UniMatch®Plug. Indulge yourself in amazing sound -- Sony will show you how.
More info: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=MDRV150&Dept=audio&CategoryName=pa_Headphones_CDSeriesStudioMonitor

You can write your own review of the Sony MDR-V150 Headphones.

N5STT Rating: 3/5 Sep 19, 2015 14:20 Send this review to a friend
Poor design and performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm comparing these to similar heaphones from Panasonic and Philips, and a pair of earbuds from Panasonic. All similar prices, $10-25.

The design is poor, they are adjustable in size but they can't fit my head very well. They are either too small (and hurt after a few minutes of use) or too large and fall off.

Audio quality isn't great either. Bass are good, but certainly below a super-cheap and many years old pair of larger Philips headphones that are designed for home TV use. Mid and high frequency are at the same level of a pair of $20 Panasonic earbuds, but earbuds are definitely more comfortable and provide an even better degree of audio isolation.

I bought these for $11 from ebay, so I can't really complain too much. That's why I'm giving them a 3 instead of 1.

My suggestion is to buy a pair of headphones with larger earpieces, so they will cover your ears completely providing better audio isolation and being comfortable for long use at the same time.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2011 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, but small  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having seen all the great reviews on here, I ordered a couple of sets.
Yes, they DO sound excellent, and come with a nice adapter for 1/4" jacks.
For my taste, the earpads are too small. I prefer the type that cover the entire ear, such as the JRC ST-3.
I found a seller on eBay selling them for <$12, with FREE shipping, brand new in the box.

W8KQE Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2011 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent communications cans!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I too wish to add my 2 cents regarding these headphones. They are an excellent value, and very comfortable for extended listening periods. I use them for shortwave (AM), SSB, and CW, and the sound is very natural and non-fatiguing. Highly recommended!

N1KSN Rating: 3/5 Mar 8, 2011 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I give these headphones a 3 because they are OK for CW use. As far a phone goes, I found them to be "mushy" in the upper audio frequencies and very disappointing in pulling out weaker signals under poor conditions. If you only talk to stations with 59+ signals, they would be adequate.

Perhaps I got a bad pair, but I have yet to find inexpensive headphones that measure up to really good ones for communications like the Kenwood HS-5, and I've tried many.

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2011 23:10 Send this review to a friend
Spot on for Ham,SWL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading all the reviews on e-ham I looked on Amazon and ordered The MDR-V150 earphones for $14.00 and free shipping.This is the BEST Buy in earphones I have ever seen. Thanks E-Ham and friends... They are Spot on for Ham Radio.

KJ4I Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2011 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Headphones  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked this up by chance for $19 at walmart to use with my FT-950. Best $19 ever spent on a set of headphones. I have had others and these sony V150's are far superior in sound and comfort. No unwanted white noise like I had with other headphones, just the sounds that you need to hear. Im thinking about picking up a second pair just to have when I eventually wear these out. These are great for radio use.

GM4LBE Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2010 14:34 Send this review to a friend
very good product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought at a very reasonable price from Amazon but quickly "stolen" by my grandson for his computer use.! I had to immediately get a second set and I am very pleased indeed. Excellant audio for Ham use and comfortable to wear. Real value for money.

WU1E Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2009 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Very nice and easy on the wallet.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I needed a new set of headphones primarily for ham radio and computer use. Found these on Amazon. What really sweetens the deal is that the phone to mini plug adapter is INCLUDED ! Heck, the plug itself would cost almost half as much as the whole package. Very comfortable, nice looking, sound great. Overkill for radio use, but for $15 I consider it a good deal.

KC9GGV Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2006 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Great For The Price$$$  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a set of headphones with less than 32 ohms impedance to use with my Kenwood TS-480SAT. After going to the "big box" electronics stores and finding that most headphones had very high impedance values, I was about to give up. My last stop was Walmart and I came across the Sony phones with an impedance of only 24 ohms. The Kenwood manual calls for an impedance of 32 ohms or less. These phones work well and are well constructed. They sound good and the price is right.