Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | West Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface Help

Reviews Summary for West Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface
West  Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $49.95, cables extra
Description: RIGtalk USB rig control interface
More info: http://www.westmountainradio.com/RIGtalk.htm

You can write your own review of the West Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface.

K3FXR Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2013 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Easy Plug and Play  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Couldn't believe how easy this was to install..
Running Windows XP. Plugged it in to the radio (IC-746PRO), plugged the dongle into the USB port, Run the CD and I was up and running in five minutes.
It was a breeze!
You gotta buy one!

K7DZW Rating: 0/5 Mar 9, 2012 03:20 Send this review to a friend
Not a Happy camper  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Windows 7 version for IC-746Pro Serial - USB.
Talked to Mark the owner I believe." Oh yeah works great. "" I use it on a 746Pro myself with HamRadio Deluxe ". Talked to Darren as well. " "No problem ". I said. " All the reviews on HRD forums are negative about this application/product because of the Prolific chip set ". " Naw. It works great ". Then I got to " Bree " in sales. Everybody gets a bad day now and then....but not in sales. Bad attitude. She MUST be related to someone at WMR. So I bought it anyway...stupid ME. No auto run on the software....No uninstall for software. After reading all the instructions before installing I shuld have packed it up right then...but oh no It's from West Mountain Radio..it's got to be top drawer. It ran for about 2 hours then locked up HRD as all the HRD fourm folks said it would. Then It refused to see HRD. It goes back to HRO tomorrow. I relish the 60 mile drive. Computer user since 1978. Building my own for the last 10 years. " I shouda known better with a girl like you...." ringing in my ears. Believe the HRD fourms......for the most part

K1XV Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2009 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Simple set up, no issues  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one with a CI-V cable to interface an IC-7700 to a Windows XP computer. Plugged it in the USB, it looked for drivers off the internet and found them, and configured itself. Plugged in the interconect cable to the Rigtalk and to the IC-7700, and was in business.

I am slowly moving into the 21st century. No longer have to manually input band and frequency info to my logging program, and can run HRD with the 7700.

Simple as pie.

AE9DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2009 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While I must admit, I'm fairly "old school" and really enjoy twisting knobs and throwing switches, I recently thought I'd move into the 21st Century and try a Computer to Rig interface. After looking at the cost of the Icom unit and also it's need for a serial port , I decided on the West Mountain Radio "Rigtalk" Good choice! It comes with the installation software and a rig to device cable and simply plugs into an available USB port. What more can you ask for? It worked right out of the box after loading the software from the disk and works flawlessly with the Ham Radio Deluxe program I'm running with Windows XP. A very good product for a good price!

KL7JT Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2009 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Works well, FB Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have 2 of these which I use with ICOM rigs. Simple and easy to use. Had a support question. It was answered almost immediately. Good product.

K1UHF Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2008 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Best made CI-V CAT interface on the market  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good thing the RIGtalk only has a .063" fiberglass epoxy circuit board otherwise it would have destroyed WA4NUN's computer mother board and injured his dog.

I wonder if he read the instructions that say: "Be careful not to bump or stress the RIGtalk sticking out of your USB port as this could physically damage your computerís USB connector, or the RIGtalk."

I am always careful with thumb drives sticking out of my laptop, I use 4" USB extension to avoid damage to the laptop.

I wonder if the PC's board was destroyed if he would have expected the computer manufacturer to give him a new computer?

N7TCF Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2008 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Ubuntu Linux OK!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Disappointed at first that with SUSE Linux I couldn't use this device, but switched to Unbuntu and now working fine. Pure 'plug and play.'
Using it with Yaesu FT-897.

N9GRG Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2007 16:39 Send this review to a friend
A great Product - no problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works first time, every time. Have used this on multiple different ICOM radios (IC-718, IC-746Pro, IC-756ProIII) and works perfectly on each.

Nice to not have to use a serial port to get radio connection.

K1UHF Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2007 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Plug and play simple and way cheaper than other rig control interfaces. Now in a durable injected molded case and drivers are available for 98SE to XP with new Vista drivers. MAC OS9 and OSX are on westmountainradio.com and the Linux drivers are included in the latest Linux distribution.

If your radio has CAT or CIV control and you aren't using it you gotta get a RIGtalk.

Del K1UHF

AF4KK Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2007 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Yes, excellent!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've used my RIGtalk for about 4 months now and it is an excellent piece of equipment! It interfaces my HP laptop and Icom IC-7000 perfectly without any errors! And that disk they supply with the drivers and digital software is GREAT! It's practiaclly plug n' play!!