Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | West Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface Help

Reviews Summary for West Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface
West  Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $49.95, cables extra
Description: RIGtalk USB rig control interface
More info: http://www.westmountainradio.com/RIGtalk.htm

You can write your own review of the West Mountain Radio RIGtalk USB Interface.

N6XE Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2007 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use with my Dell laptop (Windows XP) and followed the simple setup instructions, then made the connection to my Icom 718 and started up Ham Radio Deluxe and everything worked fine on the frst try. I like the compact size and being able to use USB which has been the standard for how many years now? :)

A common complaint in reviews of the RIGtalk was the clear shrink tubing which covered the board. People wanted something a little more protective. When mine arrived recently I was pleasantly surprised to see it had a proper plastic enclosure, so they must have responded to those complaints. If you're curious, I posted a picture of the new look to my website: http://broadsword.com/misc/WMRrigtalk.jpg

K9EL Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2007 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the RIGtalk interface for my new IC7000 to eliminate an extra box and cable as my new laptop does not have a serial port. The setup is simple and the software worked perfect the first time. I did not read the instructions properly and built the wrong cable, but got a quick reply from Ed at WestMountainRadio. With the right cable, it works perfect! I highly recommend it.

K4ADU Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2007 10:53 Send this review to a friend
great on icom 746pro  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
got it home installed software ploged it into my 746pro worked just like the manuel said it would
dx4win and n1mm control rig just as they should

M3SVO Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2007 02:49 Send this review to a friend
A WASTE OF SPACE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In 15mins was installed and working, exellent.

At first I had a problem with a 'clicking' noise below 7Mhz but a clamp on ferrite core on each end of the interface cable fixed this.

The box that it comes in is very large compared to the size of the contents with a lot of WASTED SPACE inside, a box a quater of the size would be adequate but who cares about the box.

A proper inclosure would be better than the heat shrink and becauase of this I think it deserves a 4.5 but I prefere to round up rather than round down so it gets a 5

N7TCF Rating: 3/5 Jan 27, 2007 19:34 Send this review to a friend
OK for Window. No Linux  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Works fine in Widows 2000. No problems.
Linux is no-go. Chip manufacturer does not provide useful a driver, so West Mountain isn't at fault.

K4TB Rating: 4/5 Jan 17, 2007 17:59 Send this review to a friend
It Works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I think it really deserves a 4.5. Everything worked fine after a little twiddling with Windows XP; I followed the installation instructions but had to do a driver re-installation via the Device Manager screen in XP before it would work. Also, an enclosure for the circuit board on the RIGtalk would be nice.

I got it to interface my Icom 821H satellite rig with the SatPC software and I now enjoy automatic Doppler tuning when working through satellites.

AA2T Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2006 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as advertised, snap to install, wish it had a real enclosure instead of heat shrink. Tested with Pkterm, HR Deluxe, Airmail.

W2MSK Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2006 18:09 Send this review to a friend
It Works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Follow the directions and your up and running in a couple of minutes. Sure beats bulky serial/USB adapters and the new computers have lots of USB ports. I would like to see it potted in a more protective covering but ok the way it is now. Recommended

K7ESQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2006 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It couldn't be simpler to get your rig hooked up to your favorite radio control/logging program. No bulky interface, no messing around configuring serial ports. Just load the RIGtalk drivers first, then plug in the RIGtalk. I had Ham Radio Deluxe up and running in under ten minutes.

K4GPB Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2006 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got it to work after installing drivers from CD before plugging the item into the USB 2.0 port.
Terrific Customer Support from Ed, at WMR in getting me a custom mini-DIN cable for my FT-840.

Software used: TRX-Manager, Ham Radio Deluxe.

It seems like cheating, clicking the top 50 DX spots listening to 160M and 75M this evening.

Time owned: about 3 hours