Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Yaesu 450G Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu 450G
Yaesu 450G Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $259 us,429 cdn
Description: 10 sq ft antenna rotor

You can write your own review of the Yaesu 450G.

VE3TMT Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2017 15:59 Send this review to a friend
No issues after 10 years!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My G-450XL has been turning my A3S for the past ten years with absolutely zero issues. I've also had a 2m/440 beam above the Cushcraft and now have a homebrew 6m Moxon on the tower. The rotor have given me zero trouble even through the cold Canadian winters. It's a great antenna for small to medium size HF beams or larger VHF/UHF beams. Nothing but praise from this happy camper.

KI5II Rating: 2/5 Jun 22, 2017 06:45 Send this review to a friend
Not so good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Control unit quit working after 1 week. Wiring it is awful and the connector on the back of the unit is junk quality. The rotor itself seem heavy duty enough.

K0BOC Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2016 01:27 Send this review to a friend
A good little rotor  Time owned: more than 12 months
I also have the G-450A which has been rotating a Hexbeam for 1 1/2 years now and have had no issues. Installing my own rotor cable with their supplied plug did give the control head unit false signals when plugged in. Pouring silicone into the plug to prevent loose connections solved that problem. This Rotor has worked in 90 deg F down to -20 deg F with no issues here in Minnesota. Design quality far exceeds your typical TV brand rotors and its beefy appearance signifies that.

N2SLO Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2016 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the G-450A, which is used on a main array of VHF/UHF antennas. This unit replaced my old radio shack rotor which was used only for an 8 element 2M quad. This is like comparing a corvette to a Honda civic. The Yaesu has performed excellent with no issues, since December 2015. No adjustments needed. I purchased preassembled rotor cable with Yaesu connectors, which is probably a smart idea due to previous issues with the connectors. I also like being able to turn the rotor from 240 to 90 degrees without having to go all the way around. I have three yagi's on the array, and use a 2 inch mast into the Yaesu, and four feet above the mast due to wind loading.

WA3HLP Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2014 15:55 Send this review to a friend
WA3HLP  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three of these. I use one at home for eight years now, performs flawlessly. I use the other two every year at field day and sometimes the VHF contests. Perform flawlessly.

W5RHR Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2014 17:25 Send this review to a friend
wow   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a G450 nested in 30 feet of Rohn 25 G turning a Cushcraft AW3S AND a HyGain Th3 Jr with 135 feet of rotor cable( I purchase pre-assembled, worth it !!)
The rotor turns quickly with no issues, its a great system for small systems .

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2013 13:14 Send this review to a friend
2nd review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Still up in the last top section of tower turning a solid mast with 3 antennas mounted on it. Not very large antennas but they still all accumulate, first is a 24ft fibreglass vertical that's swaying in the wind all the time , second is a Mosley multi band beam for 10m 15m 20m and also mounted on the mast is a little 3 element 2m beam and even though I'm with in the weight specs capability It has no issues for the last few years regardless of winter weather or rainy hot summer weather it's a nice piece of yaesu line brand equipment.

W4ABF Rating: 4/5 Jan 25, 2013 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Early failures...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First the good - I use the 450 at the bottom of a ROHN push up mast that supports a Traffie HexBeam. The rototator itself has worked well for the 8 months since installation. The bad - the control box malfunctioned after a few months in service. The rototator would turn - but there was no azimuth indication on the control box. An inconvenience during the day, but useless at night when I could not get a visual on the antenna for proper orientation. A friend purchased one of these units to use in a similar configuration, his worked for less than 2 months. He sent his to Yaesu for a repair that took 3 months. I was more fortunate, my repair took less than 3 weeks. The unit (when working) does perform as advertised. It seems more than adequate for the task. If my friend and I had not experienced these failures (his rotatator failed as well as the control box) I would have rated it a 5. When it works - it's great. I now own two of these, one for a backup that I purchased when I sent in my control box for repair. I understand that electronic components fail - but I do expect better quality from a company as reputable as Yaesu.

KD5RDY Rating: 4/5 Nov 3, 2012 23:54 Send this review to a friend
Good BUT...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It turns a Mosley TA-33 no prob. But..BUY THE PREWIRED PLUGS!!
A really pain in the rump to connect them up.

N7HHC Rating: 4/5 Jun 16, 2012 05:18 Send this review to a friend
Works fine for small beam.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the G450-A to turn my new K4KIO Hex Beam and a 40' Channel Master push up mast. I also used the Yaesu G-50 thrust bearing with the installation. I really like the control display and the overlap feature. The only reason I did not rate this unit a 5 was the difficulty I had soldering the 6 conductor cable onto the connector that goes onto the rotor. I'm sure that for most buyers this would not be much of a challenge, but for us older folks with less than perfect eyesight and hand that shake a little it is a real challenge. They could have done this at the factory and included a short stub out of the 6 conductor cable where the buyer could install his own connector. It turns the mast and hex beam with no problems so other than the connector issue this seems to be worth the money.