Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Yaesu 450G Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu 450G
Yaesu 450G Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $259 us,429 cdn
Description: 10 sq ft antenna rotor

You can write your own review of the Yaesu 450G.

W5RHR Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2014 17:25 Send this review to a friend
wow   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a G450 nested in 30 feet of Rohn 25 G turning a Cushcraft AW3S AND a HyGain Th3 Jr with 135 feet of rotor cable( I purchase pre-assembled, worth it !!)
The rotor turns quickly with no issues, its a great system for small systems .

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2013 13:14 Send this review to a friend
2nd review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Still up in the last top section of tower turning a solid mast with 3 antennas mounted on it. Not very large antennas but they still all accumulate, first is a 24ft fibreglass vertical that's swaying in the wind all the time , second is a Mosley multi band beam for 10m 15m 20m and also mounted on the mast is a little 3 element 2m beam and even though I'm with in the weight specs capability It has no issues for the last few years regardless of winter weather or rainy hot summer weather it's a nice piece of yaesu line brand equipment.

W4ABF Rating: 4/5 Jan 25, 2013 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Early failures...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First the good - I use the 450 at the bottom of a ROHN push up mast that supports a Traffie HexBeam. The rototator itself has worked well for the 8 months since installation. The bad - the control box malfunctioned after a few months in service. The rototator would turn - but there was no azimuth indication on the control box. An inconvenience during the day, but useless at night when I could not get a visual on the antenna for proper orientation. A friend purchased one of these units to use in a similar configuration, his worked for less than 2 months. He sent his to Yaesu for a repair that took 3 months. I was more fortunate, my repair took less than 3 weeks. The unit (when working) does perform as advertised. It seems more than adequate for the task. If my friend and I had not experienced these failures (his rotatator failed as well as the control box) I would have rated it a 5. When it works - it's great. I now own two of these, one for a backup that I purchased when I sent in my control box for repair. I understand that electronic components fail - but I do expect better quality from a company as reputable as Yaesu.

KD5RDY Rating: 4/5 Nov 3, 2012 23:54 Send this review to a friend
Good BUT...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It turns a Mosley TA-33 no prob. But..BUY THE PREWIRED PLUGS!!
A really pain in the rump to connect them up.

N7HHC Rating: 4/5 Jun 16, 2012 05:18 Send this review to a friend
Works fine for small beam.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the G450-A to turn my new K4KIO Hex Beam and a 40' Channel Master push up mast. I also used the Yaesu G-50 thrust bearing with the installation. I really like the control display and the overlap feature. The only reason I did not rate this unit a 5 was the difficulty I had soldering the 6 conductor cable onto the connector that goes onto the rotor. I'm sure that for most buyers this would not be much of a challenge, but for us older folks with less than perfect eyesight and hand that shake a little it is a real challenge. They could have done this at the factory and included a short stub out of the 6 conductor cable where the buyer could install his own connector. It turns the mast and hex beam with no problems so other than the connector issue this seems to be worth the money.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2011 07:51 Send this review to a friend
5 yr review  Time owned: more than 12 months
still works as good now as my 2006 post. use it frequently with no issues turning a 6 element 14 ft boom.would definatly buy again.well worth the money and the build quality is great

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2011 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Works Great with Hex Beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had the G-450A in use for over a year supporting my hex beam on a Rohn H30 push-up guyed mast. The rotator is mounted at the bottom of the mast along with a Yaesu GS-050 thrust bearing. The three mast guy rings are those supplied by Rohn, however, I have slipped simple bronze bushings under them. Never any problems with the rotator. Works great every time.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2011 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Does its job very w ell  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have my G450a base mounted to rotate a hex beam at 25' on a Rohn G30 mast. It has performed flawlessly for the two months it has been in service.

SWL377 Rating: 2/5 Dec 23, 2010 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Plug on control unit is a poor choice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fine rotator but the plug on the back of the control unit SUCKS. What was Yaesu thinking? Everyone has trouble with these connectors. I guess the solution would be to modify it to use a more reliable connector. Oh well, its still a good unit for the money.

K2XDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2010 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Great value!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the Yaesu 450g 2 years ago to turn my Cushcraft MA5B. All I can say it has worked flawlessly! After 2 harsh windy winters it has not skipped a beat. Great product!