Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Yaesu 450G Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu 450G
Yaesu 450G Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $259 us,429 cdn
Description: 10 sq ft antenna rotor

You can write your own review of the Yaesu 450G.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2011 07:51 Send this review to a friend
5 yr review  Time owned: more than 12 months
still works as good now as my 2006 post. use it frequently with no issues turning a 6 element 14 ft boom.would definatly buy again.well worth the money and the build quality is great

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2011 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Works Great with Hex Beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had the G-450A in use for over a year supporting my hex beam on a Rohn H30 push-up guyed mast. The rotator is mounted at the bottom of the mast along with a Yaesu GS-050 thrust bearing. The three mast guy rings are those supplied by Rohn, however, I have slipped simple bronze bushings under them. Never any problems with the rotator. Works great every time.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2011 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Does its job very w ell  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have my G450a base mounted to rotate a hex beam at 25' on a Rohn G30 mast. It has performed flawlessly for the two months it has been in service.

SWL377 Rating: 2/5 Dec 23, 2010 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Plug on control unit is a poor choice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fine rotator but the plug on the back of the control unit SUCKS. What was Yaesu thinking? Everyone has trouble with these connectors. I guess the solution would be to modify it to use a more reliable connector. Oh well, its still a good unit for the money.

K2XDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2010 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Great value!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the Yaesu 450g 2 years ago to turn my Cushcraft MA5B. All I can say it has worked flawlessly! After 2 harsh windy winters it has not skipped a beat. Great product!

W7MJM Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2010 09:39 Send this review to a friend
A solid rotor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed a G-450A, mast-mounted, to replace a RadioShack 15-1245A which failed after only a few days of use. Should have gone with the Yaesu to begin with.

I'm using the G-450A to turn a roof-tripod-mounted Mosley Mini-32A, a lightweight 2-element tribander (8 lbs weight, 2.5 sq ft wind surface area). So far the Yaesu rotor has performed flawlessly, with accurate direction indication on the control unit.

Mast-mounted, using Yaesu's GC-038-B mast-mount clamp, the G-450A is not rated for the full 10 sq ft wind surface area capacity specified with in-tower mounting, but the reduced mast-mount capacity is more than adequate for a small beam such as the Mosley Mini-32A.

If you're wavering between a TV rotor and a light-to-medium duty ham-quality rotor like the G-450A to turn a small HF beam, or even a VHF Yagi, I'd definitely recommend going with the G-450A, or something like it, from the get go. It's well worth the extra money.

N7ERT Rating: 4/5 Mar 30, 2010 01:41 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu 450G Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This seems to be a fair rotator for small size antennas. The one I have has no limit switches and only one set of sandwich gears (3 stacked), however a second set can be added. My friend tried to use it tower mounted to turn a 3 element StepIR, close but broke gear teeth in wind... Alignment is a pain without proper documentation.. I have written one for those who want to give it a SPIN, document is in PDF with picture too!!! Also have a few spare parts. N7ERT QRZ email address is ok...

N4QT Rating: 4/5 Jan 30, 2010 10:32 Send this review to a friend
review of 450A Yaesu  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just replaced a Yaesu G-450XL rotor after 14 years. Still was working okay. Thought it was time to refurbish my Aluma crank-up tower so thought it best to replace the rotor at the same time. Rotor was replaced with the latest version of the same rotor the G-450A. Yaesu in their great wisdom changed the cable connector on the control box from a strip screw type to some odd ball plastic connector that simply would not work. We rewired the box so the standard strip screw connector could be installed. No problems after this fix. Rotor back in service turning my 10 year old Mosley MP-33WARC 4 element yagi. No problems so far.

KB4LAV Rating: 1/5 May 8, 2009 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu 450 g review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought the unit new to use with a TA-33jr...unit worked for about a week and the antenna will turn OK but the controller is worthless....for similar money there are much better choices...poor brake system and try pricing some of their parts !! I misplaced the cable plug that goes into the rotor...called Yaesu and the plug was $58.00 plus shipping...I would call this thing JUNK..

KI9A Rating: 1/5 Jan 11, 2009 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Garbage  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 2 of these, both brand new, over tha past 6 years. Both indicators went out after about 8 months of use. The motor is fine, thats the only reason I didn't give them a 0 rating. Stay away from this pile of junk!

73- Chuck KI9A