Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | PAR Paging Notch Filter VHFTN152-158 Help

Reviews Summary for PAR Paging Notch Filter VHFTN152-158
PAR Paging Notch Filter VHFTN152-158 Reviews: 38 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $96
Description: A 3-section Notch Filter. One section each tuned to the 152 and 158 MHz
paging bands. The third section is tuned to whichever is causing the most
problem for additional rejection.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the PAR Paging Notch Filter VHFTN152-158.

W3BC Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2014 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Well-built, does the job.  Time owned: more than 12 months
We are using a VHFTN 152-158 on our repeater, which lives on the same tower as two 500 watt pager transmitters! The PAR filter was custom-built and tuned to the exact frequencies that needed to be notched out.

This is top-grade equipment, professional quality in every respect. Our results are perfect - hand-held radios 17 miles from the repeater can be heard nearly full-quieting and mobile range has been greatly increased, now that the desense from intermod is gone.

I recommend PAR filters for any radio installation in a high RF environment. A couple years ago we installed one on our APRS digipeater, and the results were outstanding as well. These filters are well designed, well made and work as advertised.

Buy a PAR filter to solve your intermod problems, and you will be very happy.

M0CFM Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2012 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After mailing Dale a couple of times I decided to order his filter, here where i live I get end-stop pager noise mixed with the local mini cab office, without an antenna plugged in!
It arrived 14 days later, first impression was how well it was made, proper SO239's and a solid case.
Plugged it in. . . . . . . . And wow! I have a quiet radio at last!!
To say I was chuffed to bits was and understatement , if it cured my problems then I'm sure it will cure most others!
I did a quick A-B comparison with the filter I was using before and found that there was less loss in the PAR filter too.
Buy one, you won't be disappointed.
And yeah, it did smell of fresh paint! ; )

GM0DBW Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2012 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Paging problem totally fixed!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The filter arrived was fitted and is working very well!!! In the shack on 153.025 MHz on my handheld, the paging signal is S4/5 with out an antenna, and now, the rig that it is was for just sits there as quiet as a mouse, until of course there is a desired signal!!! Once again a big thank you Dale, to you and your team!!!!

G7PWA Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2012 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Good filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It does exactly what I want it to do, block out the pagers. It allows me to continue to use my dual band 2m and 70cm rig with one connection. The filter is small and handy and it smells of fresh paint when new.

WB3CEH Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2010 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Filter solved the intermod problem  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Had a serious problem with intermod on the 2 meter band from a high power paging system located on a cell tower very near my QTH. Dale recommended this filter and it solved the problem. The filter is commercial-grade quality. Dale was very helpful and informative.

2W0ZJA Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2009 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Intermodulation,pagermast Cured with Par Electronics Filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi, I was having terrific inter modulation/breakthrough caused by a local pager system on 152>155mhz. The interference was s9++ all throughout the 145>146mhz region. I thought my days on 2M were over and done. I got in touch with Dale at Par Electronics and he sorted me out with a filter. I was expecting the noise to be dramatically reduced Its better than that its totally gone away!! I am over the moon with the filter and its cleaned up the band amazingly.Its an astounding piece of kit and well worth the money. Thanks very much Dale from a very happy operator once again...
David Bowen
2W0ZJA Wales,UK

KC8GZG Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2007 19:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an hour commute to and from work. There was one section of road where I received terrible interference. I use an ICOM 2720H in the car. I did not want a band pass filter because they are so big, and would have prevented me from receiving the National Weather Service frequencies. After searching google, I found PAR Electronics and their list of filters. I sent an email requesting more info, and settled on the VHFTN152-158 filter which I purchased. It is doing an outstanding job. Instead of 6 miles of constantly having my radio slammed by pager intermod noise, I hear it break in once every couple of days on my commute.

This filter is an outstanding product at a reasonable price.

WK1H Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2006 08:53 Send this review to a friend
Thank you Par!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased one of these babies because I have a 2M/440 rig that is great except it has poor intermod reject (Icom 2710 to be precise). I installed this filter and it eliminated the problem totally.

I volunteer at the Boston Marathon every year and any time I got near the Boston / finish line area I've experienced a huge amount of intermod (this is on a different rig that has a very good front end, it's just that there are a ton of pager systems in that area). I pulled this filter out of my car and used it at the marathon this year. I experienced absolutely no intermod at all this year. Other stations continued to have intermod problems near the finish line but I was able to hear the net with no problems.

This is an excellent product for anyone that operates in an environment that is subjected to a lot of pager system intermod on 152 and/or 158 MHz. I felt a little bad about the price at first (about $80) but now that I have it I have to say that it is a small price to pay to be able to communicate during a public service event, or even just a random QSO, smoothly and with no noisy intermod interruptions.

NM7R Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2006 09:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Pproblem solver  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I operate a linked network of 11 repeaters at 9 sites in southwest Washington. One site was giving me fits. My contribution to the RF smog on the hill in question is a package including a VHF repeater on 147.340+, a UHF repeater on 442.675+ and a link transceiver on 441.675+. All use a PL of 118.8. The two repeaters share an antenna through a diplexer.

Life was good, and then a new 158 Mhz paging transmitter moved into the building next door. The antenna is on a pole 60 feet horizontally and 20 feet vertically away from my repeater antenna. When a user was on another repeater in the network, it would key the VHF and UHF transmitters (that’s how a linked system works). The VHF repeater receiver would then momentarily key up erratically and repetitively, seizing the link and interfering with the entire network.

This “shotgun” problem would go away if I killed either the VHF transmitter or receiver, so I figured it was a mixing problem. That also explains why the PL lock was ineffective. I had to leave the 2-meter side off for days at a time. It was frustrating.

I tried a DCI bandpass filter on the VHF side. This had worked at other sites, but couldn’t touch this problem. I tried an additional bandpass cavity on the transmit (and later the receive) side of the Sinclair 4-cavity duplexer. No effect.

I called Dale and he recommended the VHFTN152-158. This is a three-section notch filter with one section on the 152 and two on the 158 Mhz paging frequencies. He takes PayPal, so I instant-paid him and he instant-sent the filter. I installed the filter at the junction of the diplexer and main feedline, figuring that keeping the paging out of the UHF AND VHF sides would be a good thing. I had double-checked the 2-meter and 70-cm insertion loss on the bench – there is none.

I installed the filter in early December, and here it is March and not a peep. Both repeaters are working fine. Thanks Dale, for such a professionally built product, the caring, personal service, and getting my repeater back. Well worth the $96.

KB5DOG Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2005 15:00 Send this review to a friend
SOLVED THE PROBLEM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I HAD A PROBLEM WITH INTERMOD WITH MY YAESU
FT-8100 AT 152.500 MHZ AND 160.125 MHZ. I CALLED DALE AFTER I ISOLATED THE PROBLEM. HE BUILT A FILTER WHICH COMPLETELY ELIMINATED MY PROBLEMS. THE DEVICE IS VERY WELL BUILT AND THE SERVICE WAS GREAT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PAR ELECTRONICS FOR YOUR FILTER NEEDS....