Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Motorola MTX838 Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola MTX838
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Another member of the Jedi family of Motorola radios, features 99 channels in 3 zones of 33 each, 6 character top display, programmable side and top buttons.
More info: http://www.motorola.com

You can write your own review of the Motorola MTX838.

N2MWE Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2006 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Worthy of the Jedi name  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Another member of the Jedi family of radios, this particular radio is in the UHF split of 403-470 MHz. I always liked the audio of Motorola Jedi radios, and this one does not disappoint. Audio is loud and clear, with just the right amount of bass. Full five watts there are provisions through the RSS to set high and low power. This radio also support Privacy Plus trunking. 99 channels in 3 zones of 33; will scan up to 15 channels. Battery life of the radio is phenomenal...I've gone two full days without a charge on this radio, and my MTS2000.
I own several Motorola radios, and though I hear lamenting about the lack of RSS availibility, I'll still take a well built Motorola over the big three as far as portable radios are concerned.