Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco ALD-24T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco ALD-24T
Alinco ALD-24T Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: DUal band (2m/70cm) 25W/25W mobile transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco ALD-24T.

W0EAJ Rating: 3/5 Sep 3, 2009 14:56 Send this review to a friend
It's served me well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned three of these, and two needed "assistance". It was ALINCO's first mobile dual-bander. NEAT is that the mic cable comes out of the BACK - I mounted this in my Mazda 626LX dash, and it looked like part of the car radio stack. Somewhat difficult to open up for MARS/CAP, but not impossible.

On the negative side, ALINCO support is HIDEOUS. I (unfortunately) owned an early dual-band HT, and these... ALINCO REFUSED (yep, I said REFUSED) to work on either, would NOT sell or send me service information, would NOT sell me parts, and flat out said "it's an older model - we can't do anything"

My original (1987) ALD-24T is still working out in my shop - yeah, the grain-o-wheat bulbs for the readout burned out long ago, but who cares? It just keeps on working, but I'd never buy another ALINCO.

WS5J Rating: 1/5 Jun 9, 2008 15:31 Send this review to a friend
What a hunk of junk!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don't waste your time with this piece of junk. Bad receive, poor transmit on 2 meters, worked on 440 for two days then quit. Cost more to repair than it is worth. Very poor customer support experience.