Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | International Radio (Inrad) IF Filters Help

Reviews Summary for International Radio (Inrad) IF Filters
International Radio (Inrad) IF Filters Reviews: 75 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $115-155
Description: Filters
More info: http://www.inrad.net/

You can write your own review of the International Radio (Inrad) IF Filters.

K8QV Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2006 18:27 Send this review to a friend
It's A New Radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been playing with the Inrad 250 Hz CW filter on the Kenwood TS-570D(G) for about a week now, and I am very pleased. It's like a new radio - no more AGC pumping, and otherwise inaudible signals pop out with no ringing. For a small investment this filter made a huge improvement. If you even think you might need more selectivity don't hesitate to try the Inrad filters. Great value.

KE9K Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2005 10:03 Send this review to a friend
2.1 khz is just right  Time owned: more than 12 months
The only filter I really like on ssb is the inrad 2.1 khz in the 455 slot in my kenwood ts-850sat. It does not have that to narrow pinched up sound and it really takes out qrm 2khz away. So if you like to get one other filter for your ts-850s inrad is the best. Joe ke9k

IV3YNB Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2005 05:36 Send this review to a friend
just great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In my town it's hard to get big guns: condominium roofs and "heavy blowing" wind (I am talking about 140 Km/h !!!) makes the antenna installation harder than in other cities. To get DX and low irradiation angles it makes me afford only vertical antennas !
In my case: a fiberglass fishing rod. Add now the electromagnetic noise of a quite big town like my QTH and you get NOISE and again NOISE on your aerial.

But there was one thing I could do: narrow the bandwidth not reducing the quality, isolating the signal I wanted to hear the best way I could.

A little search in the web and I found INRAD.

Men, these filters rocks !!!

The shape factor of the filter I mounted, changed the performances of my radio like going from night to day... ! Letting me to switch from the "old" situation to the better performing one.

Finally, I am so happy with my 1.8 kHz SSB filter mounted in cascade after the OEM one onto the INRAD switchboard, that soon I am going to buy a 250 Hz CW one (to assist my actual 500 Hz OEM one) and another switchboard to get the best from my Yaesu FT-920 at all also in CW and digimode.

Really I love to operate with "full optional" radios from my shack, like I work with full optional instruments in the laboratory where I do my job: that's why I bought my FT-920 with all OEM boards and filters on; but INRAD add ons mean to me the REAL "full optional" solution for my actual rig.

Great customer support too !

So, have your INRAD filter as soon as you can !

73 de IV3YNB Matteo

N5EAT Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2005 17:51 Send this review to a friend
300hz cw filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received Inrad's 300hz cw filter for my yaesu ft-857. I was reticent to purchase a 300 hz filter since I had a 250 with a previous knwd 450-s and found it too narrow. Also, the 400 hz filter I have from Inrad for my Icom 718/703 is perfect.

I'm pleased to report that this filter is perhaps even more "perfect" than my cherished 400 hz model I enjoy so much. Now that I have this little 857 filtered-up - it's pretty much contest quality.

N7IOH Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2005 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent filters and outstanding service  Time owned: more than 12 months
First let me say that the filters are just great. I have used them in my Kenwood TS-690s since Jan 1999. I have both the 455 and the 8.83 in the 2.1kHz bandwidth. I just bought a Kenwood TS-850SAT and sold my TS-690s so I decided to keep the filters to use in the new radio. When I removed the 455 filter I noticed that the solder joints on the 4 little wires were loose. I called INRAD to ask them a question about their filters and mentioned the solder joint problem to George. George offered to fix it at no charge without me asking, just send it to him. I mailed the filter in on Saturday and received it back on the next Saturday. This was the filter I bought from them in January of 1999, "now that is great service".

I also have their filters in my Icom IC-730, and the TS-850 I bought has had the 2.8 filters installed in both IF's from the previous owner. My Drake C line is also going to be getting 3 of the INRAD filters. When you find a great product that also has great customer service you stick with them. Thank you INRAD. Al, n7ioh

W0DKM Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2005 11:41 Send this review to a friend
1.8 Go ahead QRM ME!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Must haves for the Ft1000mp markV. I put a pair of 1.8s in. I wound not want them on all the time. tinny. But when needed, their in there.
I ordered on a Monday, they were here Thursday. Easy install, and setup. Bing Bang Boom!

W3CRR Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2005 12:11 Send this review to a friend
A boon for Collins users!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently "upgraded" my Collins S-Line by trading my 75S-3 receiver for a 75S-3B. An advantage of the 3B is an extra CW filter position on its mode switch. A disadvantage of the 75S-3B, however, is that it was not factory-equipped with a CW filter at all -- unlike the earlier 75S-3, which came with a 200 Hz mechanical filter.

So, in order to take advantage of the 75S-3B's extra CW flexibility, two filters must be purchased. But, the appropriate Collins mechanical filters are difficult to find and expensive if located.

International Radio (Inrad), however, offers a wonderful and relatively economical alternative to hunting down the Collins "unobtanium" devices. Inrad markets excellent crystal CW filters in 350 and 580 Hz bandwidths that drop right into the filter sockets of the S-Line receivers. (Inrad also offers two SSB and one AM filter for the same radios).

I am very pleased with the Inrad CW filters. Their performance is at least equal to the legendary Collins mechanical filters and are more pleasant (smoother, with less "ringing" and harshness) to listen to. As a matter of fact, I am so pleased with the Inrad products that I've purchased their 6 KHz AM filter for my Collins receiver, too. It performs superbly, as well.

Not only are Inrad's products first class, so is the customer service. Inrad's a great little company with some great little products!

IZ2EAS Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2005 00:16 Send this review to a friend
Great filter AND service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to buy a 1.8 kHz filter for my IC-718, for my contesting activity. I placed an order to INRAD, and they shipped the filter promptly. Unfortunately, the postal service managed to loose it somewhere along the way. After a quick check, they shipped another filter at no charge, and this made its way to me. I installed the filter, and it works great! So, from my experience I can state that INRAD is a reliable company, offering great products and great service to the customer. I would do business again with them. 73, Michele IZ2EAS

NS6Y_ Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2005 01:13 Send this review to a friend
You hear MORE with 'em!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my 500Hz filter for my FT-817 today, and just installed it, that was easy to do, just open the top of the rig and plug it in, and set some menu settings. It only took a few days to come here, and it was very well packed.

40m's kinda dead right now, so I've been looking around for CW to listen to, and not finding much - the idea was to look around in SSB mode then go to CW mode with the filter and see how much of the CW signal still gets through. Well, can't find anything so what the heck, switch to CW and look around, and on about 7.018 MHz right now, there's a signal I can't hear in SSB mode but in CW mode with the filter, I can hear it! It's fluttery, faint, and a bit too fast for my copying skills right now, I'm sure a more skilled CW op would be able to copy it. The thing is, that signal's buried in the noise in the SSB setting but in CW mode with this filter I'm able to hear it.

There's a page a guy did on the Net showing with large pictures how to install one of these, the main thing is the filter side of the board goes up, it's possible to install this upside down but don't.

The catalog that comes with the filter is interesting reading too, I'm considering ordering their book on interstation interference, all in all I can tell I'm going to enjoy doing more business with them in the future.

K9OSC Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2005 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Filters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I added a 250 Hz. CW filter to my IC-718, and the performance has been excellent. I have used narrow stock filters in the Icom 746 and Kenwood TS-570 transceivers previously, but this filter is much better than either of them. The skirts are steeper and they don’t have the ringing sound so often associated with stock narrow band CW filters.

InRad's service is legendary. I ordered my filter and after five days it still had not arrived by USPS priority mail. I emailed InRad and was called on the telephone only a half hour later. They offered to mail me another one immediately. A day later I accepted the offer. The filter arrived in two days! The other filter also arrived and per InRad’s instructions I simply wrote “refused” on the box and gave it back to the post office. That is excellent service.