Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | LOGic 8 - Logging for windows Help

Reviews Summary for LOGic 8 - Logging for windows
LOGic 8 - Logging for windows Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $129 new, $69 & $39 upgrade
Description: Latest version - ham shack management software
More info: http://www.hosenose.com

You can write your own review of the LOGic 8 - Logging for windows.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2011 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Logic 8 has no peer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried several logging programs - a couple that I liked but there was always something lacking.
Then I tried and bought Logic 8. It is quite simply the very best. The rig control capability is amazing and I can't wait to get the rotor control up and running.
It's not cheap but where else will you get phone and email support, not to mention about an hour an a half worth on instructional videos. An actual paper manual, who'd a thunk it?
The only caveat other than price is that there is a substantial learning curve but if you spend the time to learn it you will be well satisfied.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2010 07:45 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
As I found out years ago you get what you pay for and Logic8 is no exception to the rule. I tried all free loggers and found out why they are free after 3 years started searching for a really good logger tried 7 or 8 of them and then the Logic8 demo after a month I was sold.

As for support I know of no other logger that you can phone and email support daily and even after hours part of the time. Dennis is a great guy to deal with a always ready to help with whatever it takes.

KJ1D Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2010 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried a few free programs I found on the internet but was not happy with any of them. I ordered LOGic8 and could not be happier. It is a little pricey but I believe you get what you pay for. My questions have been answered by email the same day I have asked them. Can't beat the product or the service.

K1PS Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2010 16:52 Send this review to a friend
I love this program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Logic since the mid 90's. I am not a contester, but use most of the other functions. Logging is mostly automatic, picking up information from my transceiver, qrz.com, prior contacts, and other databases. The software is extremely flexible and can do just about anything. You just have to spend a little time to set it up as you want. I have used it for LOTW, e-qsl.cc, qsl labels, and tracking DXCC. It integrates with dx spotting sites and just about everything else.

When I make a new SSB or cw contact, I enter the call, everything else is filled in and the station's QRZ.com page pops up as do prior contacts. With digital modes, I don't even have to enter the call. I just click on the call in the digital program and Logic takes over.

Also, as other reviewers have said, tech service is unbelievable. Dennis will spend outlandish amounts of time and has extraordinary knowledge.

Spend some time with this. See what a pleasure logging can be.

N9TA Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2010 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Logic since version 4. Logic 8 is extremely full featured and customizable. Support is great!! I emailed PDA Inc a question about networking Logic 8 and had an answer back in about 15 minutes!! Logic 8 is not cheap.....but you get what you pay for!

KT8DX Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2010 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Buy it  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using Logic for a few years now - currently on Version 8. It is simply a great application. Every so often, I think I want to try something "simpler" and get disappointed after a while.

Ham radio is a sophisticated, sometimes expensive hobby using specialized hardware, tools, and software. Just like hooking up your expensive contest rig to a crummy antenna, operating a station in any kind of serious mode with a weak logging program takes a lot of the fun out of the hobby.

So - give the demo a try - if you like it buy it. I know I'm glad I did.

73s de KT8DX

W4EA Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2010 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Fine Logging Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a Logic user for years. Currently I'm using Logic8 and for primary logging. It is a very powerful program and if one will read the help sections and put a small amount of work into learning it's capabilities, it pays off.

I have it fully operational, using two radios, two telnet connects (one with CW Skimmer feeding). The ability to import and export couldn't be easier, especially for the LoTW connections. Tracking primary and multi-band DXCC is very nice with this software.

There are some ergonomics I would like to see in the next version such as the ability to move some of the modules to the second monitor. There are a couple of the modules I would like to be able to modify the size more easily. Most of them can be modified easily.

Overall I'm very happy with this software and the support that Dennis has provided. I'll keep looking for the upcoming releases.

NU4B Rating: 4/5 Dec 16, 2009 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Good with some minor glitches  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Logic software for many years. Logic 8 is the latest upgrade. I really enjoy this program. However, I have found that the latest version exhibits some glitches in the report generating mode. Most of the time this has to do with not picking up earlier QSO's from the log. Most recently, a report of chronological QSO's picked up one QSO and put it first even though the date was out of order. I could never fix the situation even if I deleted the report and started over.
I made a couple attempts a year or two ago to get help, but after a couple failed followup attempts I got busy and stopped trying to follow up and decided to "live" with the quirks. I never had the quirks with the earlier versions and I was not really happy about getting pushed aside by Logic support.

The software is very powerful as were the previous versions. It does everything I want it to (other than reports) and more. Once you learn it, you can do alot.

Overall a 4, but I wish I would have stuck with Logic7.

VE2DC Rating: 4/5 May 13, 2009 20:53 Send this review to a friend
Incredible feature set marred by poor ergonomics.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I won't list the feature... would take too long. It does just about anything you might need and probably a lot of stuff you don't need. However I really detest the data entry... I find it awkward without using the mouse... and sometimes I manage to screw it up so badly I have to restart the program. After about 5 years I gave up and went back to my old logger. BTW, I am fussy about data entry and dislike most of the programs on the market... I like a slick, fast entry of QSO data similar to the contest loggers... KB only, no mouse.

NA5Q Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2009 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Still the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Logic since 2001, it was the best then and has only gotten better since then. I only use it for non-contest logging, but do import data from contest logging program into Logic. It works seamlessly with LOTW, has a wonderful windows interface and connects to all my radios. Has interfaces to other software programs for PSK.

I print all my QSL cards through this program and also use the program to store logs for my club contacts with QSL card print out and LOTW.

It is probably not the cheapest logging software, but it will not disappoint. Upgrades are timely and new features added many times during the year.