Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | LOGic 8 - Logging for windows Help

Reviews Summary for LOGic 8 - Logging for windows
LOGic 8 - Logging for windows Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $129 new, $69 & $39 upgrade
Description: Latest version - ham shack management software
More info: http://www.hosenose.com

You can write your own review of the LOGic 8 - Logging for windows.

K9IUQ Rating: 4/5 Aug 12, 2008 03:51 Send this review to a friend
Love - Hate  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Logic Off/On since the early 90's when I bought Logic JR. I have a love/hate relationship with the program. Probably no other logging software has as many bells and whistles.

It is difficult to learn. There is a reflector for Users BUT it is a cheerleading group. Pity the poor ham that doesnt say he loves Logic.

Logic 8 is quirky. VERY quirky. if you are accustomed to the way other loggers operate you will not like Logic 8. It has a long learning curve. The screen can and will get very cluttered with all those windows. You better have a large wide screen monitor.

Logic 8 is awful for contesting.

It is way overpriced. No way is Logic 8 worth $130.

BUT I love Logic 8 (remember I hate it too).
It is very usefull in my day to day logging.
Stan K9IUQ

K3IRV Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2008 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Just What I Needed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I became aware of this software through the reviews. I had a couple of questions and Dennis responded within hours. I bought the program and then I had a couple of problems in that I could not make the software do what I wanted it to do. I called the tech assist number and talkd to Dennis, and he very patiently explained what I needed to do and I just could not make it happen. He took the time to take control of my computer, over the internet, and show me the changes I needed to do, step by step. Where else can you find that kind of support? The software is truly great and now it is even better because it does exactly what I need it to do.

PB7CW Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2008 13:08 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a happy logic user started with the first version 2 in 1988 I believe.
When there came a new version I upgraded to.
Now I am logging and working with version 8.
The support from Dennis is great!
The software is expensive but it is worth every dollar.
For me there is no otherway to log my dx qso`s!

EI7BA Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2007 10:04 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use. Very powerful.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought LOGic 4 some years ago. I tried many different loggers, but eventually, I always found something that they couldn't do. I now use LOGic 8, and am very happy with it. I don't use half of it's power, and I have yet to find a need that it can't fulfil. I love the way that it works in conjunction with other fine software..TRX Manager, Mixw2, DX Atlas etc, whilst at the same time controlling four rigs and my rotator. Actually it's mind boggling.. There's no end to it. I'm looking forward to LOGic 9.. {:o)

WA6QGH Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2007 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellant Logging Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I started using Logic about month ago. I would strongly recommend watching the videos and reading the manual before you start using the program. I find this program very versatile software to customize the logging program to how you would like it. I changed the order of the fields in the browser field, then I increased the number of characters allowed in QTH field and some other fields new entries for data. These features I did not find in other logging software I tried. I really like the feature of entering callsign hitting tab key and the name, QTH, state, and grid are automattically filled from internal data base or QRZ for foreign calls. I strongly recomend you get latest upgrades theu their web site as soon as load your software on your computer. I like other tabs in browser field as example, the comments tab(I enter e-mail text if I communicated with the station) and picture field tab for eQSL card or I import interesting pictures from a station's picture on QRZ lookup. I like easy downloading of eQSL log & eQSL cards thru this software. I also recomend if you have DSL or cable Internet access update the FCC data base in the program as I worked some new Ham that just got their ticket in June 2007 but was not listed on data base on the CD. Note the Ham call was on QRZ and on latest FCC data base after I downloaded it. The FCC data base is 75MB file.. Dennis gives gives good customer support as he responded to my questions on e-mail and by phone. This is in my opinion an excellant product.

CT1DZH Rating: 4/5 Sep 13, 2007 08:32 Send this review to a friend
Almost perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tested with Demo.
Nice soft,almost perfect, but missing Award Credits.

DL2OBO Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2007 16:38 Send this review to a friend
Logic 4ever !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started with Logic3 in 1993 or so. I will never use another one. The multi Windows are excellent on my two 21' TFT monitors ! You see all information at a time !
Logic is not an easy programm !!! But whatever you need from your programm, Logic can do it ! Or Dennis will help you , that Logic can do it...
The support is excellent ! Never had a better support, exept maybe to Optibeam, but Dennis is even better ;-)
If you look for YOUR logging programm: go for Logic ! If you really don't like it: I invite you to have a beer with me. If you like it: let us know and write your own review!
73 Tom www.dl2obo.de

N7TB Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2007 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using LOGic 8 for about a two weeks and have found it to be an amazing product. On the occasion that I have needed technical support, Dennis has been prompt with support and very helpful.

I purchased the product primarily because I had created my own logging program about 8 years go on Microsoft Access. It did not have the capability of exporting to ADIF file format. I was faced with the choice of re-learning my basic programming to be able to manipulate text strings to convert myself or find a program that would do it for me. LOGic 8 does the conversion seamlessly. Just convert from Access to Excel and import into LOGic 8. Amazing timesaver.

After using the program, I find so many features that are just great. I now have created my custom
QSL card to look like my previous printed varity and can now print out my confirmations effortlessly. The Spotting, rig control, and other logging features are top-notch.

After looking at alot of the other logging products in the marketplace, I believe LOGic 8 is the best one in the market. Yes it costs $129, but I had to consider what my time was worth over the years ahead that I would use it.

Great product, very well written by someone who clearly knows what they are doing.

AL7B Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2007 22:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using LOGic for several years. I have always received a quick response to my questions. I recently added a label printer to my system. I had trouble making LOGic retain the selected label type for my label design. After several e-mail exchanges Dennis at LOGic set up a time we would both be available to look into the problem. Dennis accessed my computer using NetMeeting and quickly determined the printer driver for my Seiko 420 Printer was the issue.

There is a 4 hour time difference between the east coast and Alaska time zones. Dennis was willing to address this problem at 2200 his time and on a Saturday.

LOGic is a great program with great support. You cannot go wrong with this combination.

K1AHL Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2006 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Another hit from PDA software/Hosenose! Was very pleased with Logic 7, upgraded to Logic 8, and the transition was smooth as silk. Logic 8 fetched all the old logs and settings, making the change very easy. Dennis also supports the product excellently and very promptly. This is a real winner! The map function is exceptional, and the automatic lookup of callsign data is astoundingly well executed. Key in your contact and 'blam' there is all the data; name, place, etc. Very professional while easy to use. Get It!