Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Duracomm LP-14n Help

Reviews Summary for Duracomm LP-14n
Duracomm LP-14n Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $112.00
Description: This is a fine and sturdy unit. LP series power supplies are filtered and regulated. Noise and ripple are less than 100 millivolts P-P. Output voltage can be adjusted from 10 to 14 volts. Units are normally shipped set for 13.8 volts. The unit will maintain regulation with input voltages from 100 to 130 or 200 to 260 VAC, and meets FCC regulations for Part 15, Class B.
More info: http://duracomm.com/siteresources/apps/catalog/shop/prodView.asp?idproduct=201

You can write your own review of the Duracomm LP-14n.

W7RUE Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2011 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had five of the LP-14N Power Supplies now. I use them for VHF base and portable stations and I usually end up either giving them away or selling them with a VHF radio and the antenna system to a newly licensed Ham for less then what I paid for them. The joy and excitement on the face of a new Ham makes up for any economic costs to me and it means that there is another Ham out there with equipment to visit with.

Currently I have two left; one which I use in my office at work with a FT-2900R (75 watts) and the other I use as a casual go-kit in a Pelican case which includes a FT-1900R (55 watts). I always end up having to change the power connectors to Anderson Powerpole Connectors on these things but that is really no big deal. I have never had a bit of problem out of any them. For the price and reliability, you can't beat them!

73, W7Rue

W6JBR Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2010 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased new on eBay for $28 including shipping. It has been in continuous service for the past 2 years 24/7/365 on my 2M packet station with zero issues. Perfect size for this use- both power-wise, and physically- as it matches the foorprint of the rig. Excellent unit.

AD7C Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2009 20:14 Send this review to a friend
Good Deal at Unbelievable Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok. I just bought one of these off ebay for $22 shipped to my door. I was extremely hesitant but now that I have had it for a few days I feel like I stole it. What a bargain!

I run an HT and a 50w linear in the house as a vhf/uhf base station. So far there is no hash or noise, extremely quiet, get's warm but not hot, has ample power, and is small in size. 48hrs of running and it's going strong.

The internal board is labeled as the LP-25 model and the case has ample room to add a fan. I would suspect the board is the same but NOT the switcher IC's so don't expect to get the better models higher AMP rating. I did get a solid 13 amp draw on it with my HF radio for a good 10 minutes of PSK work just to try it. Did get hot but kept on chugging along.

Ok, now the bad. AC Power cord it permanently attached. Not a big deal but I like to use my own extra short AC plugs since my station has ample AC outlets and I hate cord mess. Also, the DC plug is a non standard pole type. You'll have to put your own connector on the end or open the case and put red/blk terminal connector on. Not a big deal at all but rather just a personal comment. Both cords are long enough for typical use.

It is really a 5? More like a 4.5 but based purely on dollar vs. what you get I had to give it a 5. Just don't expect it to run your HF station or power some huge linear for a long time. For mobile radios, QRP, or powering your HT you just can't go wrong. Would I buy again, yes, I already ordered another.

KB7UXE Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2009 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Very under rated...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought a case of these cause they were cheap.. Found retail lists at $112.. I paid $20.10 each including shipping...
After doing some testing, I found these units to be very "under rated"... I tried to get one to fail, but even with an hf on cw to a dummy load at 100 watts, I was unable to get it to shut down. Thats why I say "highly under rated". I suspect the difference between the lp-14 and lp-25 is the cooling fan. ( the board inside is marked LP-25) So, just for kicks I added a little 12V fan just to see what happens.
Anyway more to follow.. ( I did buy another 2 cases of these power supplies). I changed the connector to the standard "T" type, and plug my vuf/uhf radios directly into them. works very well.
Later I'll check again on the hf, I'l also fish around a bit to see how noisy they are on hf.

73 fer now.
Dan. kb7uxe.

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2006 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Runs clean and sturdy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a great power supply for the shack. I use mine to runs a KNWD ts-140s as a general coverage receiver. It also works great om smaller mobil units.