Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-1F memory management software for VX 150 and VX 110 Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-1F memory management software for VX 150 and VX 110
ADMS-1F memory management software for VX 150 and VX 110 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $35
Description: Computer program to add memory to VX 150 and VX 110

You can write your own review of the ADMS-1F memory management software for VX 150 and VX 110.

NO6E Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2007 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Does what it claims  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this software (Ver. 3.60.08) to
program a bunch of VX-150's for work. (Don't
worry, we're only using the receivers!). The
version I bought was updated to the one above
easily from the www.rtsystemsinc.com website.

I called RT systems on the phone about a
problem entering the password (my fault) and
they were very helpful. They said new password
labels show whether something is "0" or "O",
for example. My problem was that I slightly
tore the label while opening the envelope.
The simple solution: copy the label down before
you try to open the envelope!

They cautioned me about one wrinkle: In
at least some cases, you must READ the data
from the radio before you WRITE data. You don't
need to save the data you read if you don't
need it. Once you've done one write everything seems fine.

The channel layouts are easy to use, and a big
plus for things like inserting a new channel
in a long list without re-entering the rest.

My system did not locate FindComPort.EXE, but
I knew which port I was on, so it didn't matter.
There was a slip from RT in the box offering
a tested USB-serial adaptor for those who need
one. (I didn't.)

I thought the package was reasonably priced,
since it included the software, serial cable and
adaptor for the tip/ring/ring/sleeve connector
used on the VX-150.

Andrew Ellis NO6E

N6FM Rating: 4/5 Jul 28, 2007 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Version 3 is Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the recently released version 3 for the VX-150. I also have version 3 for the FT-50 and FT-1802. Together, they form a great package for exchanging memories between radios. I can load an FT-1802 file and directly send it to the VX-150 unaltered. When going the other way, there are only minor changes necessary to accomodate additional features of the 1802, such as power level, banks, etc. I can have both or all three open at once and copy an entry from one to the other. Each radio has its own configuration file for settings unique to that model.
I hope that in future versions one can copy and paste a range of memories and that the default settings of a destination radio, such as power, etc. can be set so that the default value of "low" need not be changed to "high" when a file from a radio not containing a power setting for each channel is loaded. But these are minor additions to a great program that certainly has facilitated memory management across multiple brands.

K8LEA Rating: 4/5 Apr 1, 2006 20:34 Send this review to a friend
Could be worse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this since I bought a VX-150 'bout the time the price first dropped to $150-ish.

I don't consider it particularly user-friendly, but at least it doesn't ask you "Are You Sure (Y/N)" after every mouse-click. (I've worked on stuff like that in the past.)

All of that said, it does work, and it's a whole lot better than using the VX-150's buttons and dials to program (or clone) a radio.

The FT-1500M version is pretty much the same, btw. Much better than nothing....

I also have the FT-60R version. Some major improvements....

(I should add that both of my other versions are much older, and not patchable from RT's web site, so I'm not sure if the same improvements I found on the FT-60R version are present in the more current versions of the other software.)

An e-mail to RT some time back with a technical question (can't think of what it was) went unacknowledged. Guess I should have tried again, but didn't.

"Commander" (can't think of the author) looks like it could be better, but the version I test-drove a few weeks ago had some bugs I didn't care to fight.

KI4HWC Rating: 4/5 Apr 1, 2006 18:42 Send this review to a friend
nice addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great. It helps a whole lot when programming memories.
Comes with computer cable and adapter and the software on a mini cd.
you program memories on a speadsheet and are also able to program setting without going into the yeasu menu system on the radio.
very easy to use.
(lamp button and moni/Tcall button must work)