Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | almost all digital electronics dfd-1 digital disp Help

Reviews Summary for almost all digital electronics dfd-1 digital disp
almost all digital electronics  dfd-1 digital disp Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
More info: http://www.aade.com

You can write your own review of the almost all digital electronics dfd-1 digital disp.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2014 21:33 Send this review to a friend
Best kept secret  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Okay I'm a sucker for good kits. It's a great way to learn electronics and improve your ham skills. I've decided lately no more radios, I have so many QRP kits radios I am running out of room. For something different I ordered this kit figuring it wasn't a lot of money and I could "probably" use it.

The board and display went together very easily. No missing parts or surprises. It was a fairly easy build and someone new to kit building could do this, just follow the (very clear) directions.

I powered it up with a 9 V battery and it works perfectly.

Today looking for something to do I popped the lid off the SW-40, did a single turn of insulated wire around L1, wrapped the wire ends onto the ends of the coax that runs to the counter. Didn't even use solder since I just wanted to "check it out". It worked, I could see my VFO freq! You can set IF offset if you wish. I am in the process of planning to put simple RCA jacks in many/most of my radios to tap the LO, then plug in the counter when I need it. Here I am talking HW-8, SW-40, Argosy and the like.

Highly recommended. Simple and quite affordable (about 50 bucks). If you run any of the old analog radios you will find this effective and useful.

KS1U Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2011 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Simply Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
I actually have the DFD-2 unit and buffer amp, but all of their products work as advertised and go together easily. The prices they charge are less than if you went out and bought all the stuff yourself. The PC boards are top quality and the displays really make those old rigs usable on todays's Ham Bands. I put mine in a Heathkit SB-102. You can see it on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9X-2acy6aE

5R8GQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2009 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Good Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of these hooked up to my Small Wonder Labs White Mountain 20 (20m QRP SSB Rig). It went together very easily, anwas easy to align.
Excellent product.
At the time I bought it they offered an optional "biggie" display that was much larger than the one pictured, but I am not sure of they still do. I got the "biggie" display in blue and it looks and works great.
73, Ken

KU4AB Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2000 00:21 Send this review to a friend
great add on for analog rig update  Time owned: unknown months
i was looking for a digital display for my tentec omni-a and found almost all digital electronics
on the web.. ordered the dfd-1 kit.. put it together in about 45minutes.. three wires hooked it
up calibrated with wwv its perfect from 160 to 10 ... they have done the homework too..
hookup info for collins-drake-tentec-kenwood-tempo and many more good old rigs is there
on the internet.. drag that old rig out and do some real ham stuff.. update it and show some of these new hams a real radio!!!