Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar AT1500DT Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar AT1500DT
Palstar AT1500DT Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $479.95
Description: Differential Tuner from Palstar
More info: http://www.palstar.com

You can write your own review of the Palstar AT1500DT.

K5DSQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2014 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Sweet Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a great piece of equipment! Rock solid and it has tuned everything that I have connected it to. Does a wonderful job with my 160 meter 600 Ohm ladder line fed dipole that I have operated on up to 10 meters. A little cleaning attention to the roller inductor a few times a years and it keep humming along. Sure beats the heck out of my previous "fully automatic" tuner that claimed to cover 160 meters.

KC1MR Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2013 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I made a call to PALSTAR for some screws, spare lights and grease on Feb 1st -- they came in the mail on Feb 4th!
Need I say more !!

Tuner works very well.

THC1 Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2012 10:58 Send this review to a friend
American made Gem  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have this 4 years now & still works like the day I put it inline. A little alcohol on the corkscrew 3 times a year & it's ready to go.
Tried a well known auto-tuner -not in the same league. Saving up for one of Paul's new auto-tuners-serious equipment.
73, George N4GLT

VA3AWP Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2012 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up this tuner about 2 years ago and ever since then it has performed above and beyond my expectations. My AT-1500DT is currently in-line with my Ameritron AL-1500 Amplifier and my Alpha Delta DX-CC multi-band fan dipole at around 50 feet in the air. The Alpha Delta DX-CC antenna isn't the greatest on the 80/75 meter band, it's bandwidth is extremely narrow to say the least when you move away from where the antenna is cut to be resonant. However, the AT-1500DT does a fantastic job of tuning the Alpha Delta DX-CC across the entire 80/75 meter band using full legal limit.

I have tuned the DX-CC out of it's rated band coverage on numerous occasions on 17 meters using the Palstar AT-1500DT and it has performed perfectly with full legal limit. I also have a 160 meter flatop dipole strung up in the woods behind my house and the AT-1500DT handles this with ease, however, you MUST REMEMBER TO PUSH IN THE 160M BUTTON on the front of the tuner!!! The built in cross needle SWR/Power meter also functions quite well for a standard analogue meter. Running 500 watts in CW I have taken readings from my Wavenode WN-2 and the onboard meter in the AT-1500DT is suprisingly accurate, even in SSB PEP mode.

In all my time of using this tuner i have never heard any arcing or sparking and there's no indications of any on the inside either, very clean and extremely well built. The only thing you must do is make sure the roller inductor is kept clean using isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip. The Palstar AT-1500DT is now discontinued, however, if you see one at a hamfest and it is in correct working order don't hesitate to buy it, it's definately worth it.

VA3AWP

N4FPS Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2012 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the second Palstar Tuner I have owned and I have nothing but praise for both of them. Recently I loaned the tuner to a friend to try out. Unfortunately he powered the unit with reverse polarity and burned the voltage regulator. I called Palstar to purchase a new regulator. Palstar sent me a whole new board at no cost. The tuner was way past any warrenty period and certainly the fault of the operator. The Tuner will tune just about anything and handles the 1300 watts I pump into it with no problem. Palstar Tuners are in a league of their own.

Doug N4FPS

K7FDX Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2011 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Well Built, Simple and Works.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the first piece of new equipment I ever purchased; around $500 and worth every penny. I use the tuner with a ZeroFive 10m-40m "Ground Plane." I can tune this antenna with the 1500DT from 6m-80m and run a kilowatt.

The tuner grabs a match in a hurry and never complains. I generate a signal on 80m that humors many hams around the western U.S. Many do not believe that I use an antenna with a 23' radiator. I believe the 1500DT has something to do with this.

My unit was delivered with a warped coupler that was promptly replaced by Palstar. This model holds it value well also.

KX7P Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2010 23:05 Send this review to a friend
SUPER QUALITY  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a well built antenna tuner. I used this tuner quite a bit when I used only dipoles and a G5RV. I was always able to tune to a low SWR. I never had a problem with mine.

I use it sometimes now for my 40/80 meter dipole. It handles 1KW with no problems. I found the PEP watt meter very accurate.

I highley recommend!

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2010 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Only Palstar  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had some bad experiences with other tuners and since bought only Palstar tuners this AT1500DT is my second palstar my other is the AT1KM and i highly recommend any palstar tuner they are build like tanks and last just as long.

G0TIY Rating: 4/5 Mar 6, 2010 02:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna tuner for about 18 months now and i had a slight problem with the roller inductor.Some reason the roller no longer felt positive and would have the SWR
peak high when trying to tune my wire antenna.I emailed Palstar and they gave me a
quick fix for this problem,take the top case off turn the roller inductor so that the
roller is half way across the inductor and press down on the ends of the bar lightly.I
done this and everything works just fine again.I also clean the inductor from time
to time with isopropyl alcohol,keeps everything like new.This is why i give it 4 but
its a great tuner and now been discontinued but if you are thinking of buying one
on the second hand market you wont be disappointed

WP4NYL Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2009 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this tuner a month ago. It does an excellent job tuning my G5RV which my previous Dentron could not do. It takes no time to tune and with my R7 and the charts I kept its a matter of seconds. I had a problem at the beginning which turned out to be a line problem but Paul at Palstar answered my e mail in 2 days.