Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Xantrex Xpower Powerpack 150 Help

Reviews Summary for Xantrex Xpower Powerpack 150
Xantrex Xpower Powerpack 150 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Portable rechargeable emergency power pack with 12V, 120VAC, jumper cables
More info: http://www.xantrex.com

You can write your own review of the Xantrex Xpower Powerpack 150.

NN8Y Rating: 1/5 Apr 1, 2006 03:53 Send this review to a friend
No support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the unit for 2 weeks. The battery in this unit is bad, it stores about 1 Ah instead of 12, verified by measurement on the charge and discharge cycles.

Xantrex does not carry replacement batteries for their product! They told me to see the dealer.

I bought it online from consumerdepot.com, price was right ($24.99 + $12.50 shipping). Their policy is no returns after 14 days. Had Xantex not taken 3 days to answer, maybe I would have contacted the dealer before time ran out, but probably not, since all shipping is at my expense and what they have in stock may well be from the same lot as the one I have.

I'll just take it apart and look for a gel cell that will fit in as a replacement.

I bought it for NWS stormwatch use, just to run a 2m during storms/power outage. With a 12 Ah battery, I should be able to listen for up to 36 hours, or go key down at full power for 1 hour.