Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Outbacker Outreach Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Outbacker Outreach Vertical
Outbacker Outreach Vertical Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: All bands - 160 through 10 meters - including WARC, 12 ft. tall

You can write your own review of the Outbacker Outreach Vertical.

W9JCM Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2000 01:45 Send this review to a friend
awsome  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna with the alpha delta tri pod. Its some dinero but if your in a CCR area its well worth it. 160 is marginal and i dont talk on 160 anyhow but 10-80 are good to go. So u cant be lazy because u have to move the tap but hey what do u want for CCR area. I am thinking of buying the highpower one and use my dentron but I think i will wait till we move and put a up a hustler. And use this one for camping its perfect for that too.!!!

K8DXX Rating: 4/5 Jul 15, 2000 22:58 Send this review to a friend
Convenient  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the good fortune of being able to borrow the Outreach and the Outpost tripod for a short vacation in Western New York State. I appreciated how easy the setup & resonation were. I achieved great SWR and reasonable bandwidth on all bands (80-10) except 15 where the SWR was 2:1 (useable). On 20 (evenings) I worked all kinds of DX and seemed pretty competetive. On 40/daytime, it also worked well. I also made several contacts on 17 and 10 however both of these bands were just marginally open. (By the way, I was using an IC 706MkII.) My only complaint about the Outreach/Outpost combo is the price; $600 if you buy both. Alpha Delta will have to half the price before I'd consider buying the pair.

W9GB Rating: 4/5 May 21, 2000 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Good choice for antenna restricted locations  Time owned: more than 12 months
In one year of operation with the Outbacker Outreach, I would with Tom's (K4XG) review. In March 2000, I worked over 100 DXCC countries on 10 meters and 50+ on 15 and 20 meters. Since this antenna is up about 25 feet on a balcony, I added a ferrite balun (The Wireman) to reduce minor RFI. This antenna is not for everyone, but if you are antenna restricted (condo, apartment or deed) .. this is definitely a first choice. Added benefit is that I can break it down for transport. I have been most pleased with its performance from 40 - 10 meters. 75 meters is okay and 160 meters is marginal.
You do have to move the tap to change bands .. which is why I gave it a 4 rating instead of a 5 !

K4XG Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2000 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Condo, apartment, or portable antenna  Time owned: unknown months
I recently decided to put an antenna on the balcony of my condo located on the gulf coast. The balcony is located on a top corner floor of the building up 15 stories high. Purchased the Outbacker Outreach and have found it to be outstanding. This antenna covers 160 through 10 meters and is only 12 feet long. The lack of traps or loading coils also give it a stealth appearance. One week of operation resulted in over 50 DXCC countries. I am very pleased with the performance but I initially thought $269 for a mobile antenna was a bit much. No longer do I think that. This antenna was a bargin for it size and weight. Tom K4XG