Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | MFJ-393MY Headset Help

Reviews: 5 Average rating: 2.8/5 MSRP: $59,95
Description: MFJ-393MY
Professional Grade Boom Mic Headphones - Yaesu Radios w/ 8-Pin Modular Plug
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-393MY

You can write your own review of the MFJ-393MY Headset.

KO2LA Rating: 0/5 Aug 6, 2015 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Awful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Read W4OFG's review. I wish I had before I bought them. Just received the headset. Cheap plastic, broken out of the box! Sending them back without even connecting them.
It is unfathomable to me how anyone can give this product a good review.
This is the second MFJ product I've purchased in the last two months that have been DOA.
I'm getting a very bad opinion of MFJ.

KG4RUL Rating: 3/5 Dec 28, 2006 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The 1/4" jack for the PTT switch has become erratic in operation. Upon inspection it was determined that this is a very low quality part. Definitely an area the needs improvement!

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2006 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Used by Multiple Operators for Field Day  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My 393 headset was used with my TS2000X and an MFJ Foot Switch for Field Day. Multiple operators used this setup with no one voicing any criticisms of the performance.

W4OFG Rating: 1/5 Nov 8, 2006 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Low Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received this headset/mic as a gift. When shipped for Icom radios this carries a MFJ part number of MFJ-393MI. There was no documentation, manual or instructions in the box, only a plastic bag with the headphones/mic and a bag with the Icom adapter cable. The headphones seemed very flimsy and the earcups too small. The headphones were marked HP-259 and a quick Google search determined that identical headphones (right down to the fake wood-grain accents) are available on the Internet for between $6.00-$10.00 and apparently were designed for use as a computer headset/mic. I called MFJ and spoke with a customer service rep to confirm that this headphone/mic was actually the one shipped under the part number and not a mis-pack. He assured me the HP-259 was correct. MFJ is packaging them with the adapter cable for Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood radios and charging $69.95. I can't vouch for performance as I didn't try them. They just seemed so flimsy and of such low quality that I reluctantly asked the person who graciously gave them to me to please return them and get a refund. I can't imagine a ham walking into a store, examining this headset/mic, and purchasing it at this price. After receiving it by mail-order, I feel certain most hams would promptly return it.

EI5JZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2006 06:02 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought it for my FT857D. During the first qso I got a terrible report that there was a strong noise and that my friend could not understand me. Now I found out that I have to switch the processor on when I use it. I adjusted the setting of the processor to "6" and the microphone setting to "40". It works great and I have very good modulation-reports. I am very happy with it. The microphone is very sensitive and I work in vox-mode.