Reviews Categories | Receivers: Weather Alert | C. Crane Co. CC Radio Help

Reviews Summary for C. Crane Co. CC Radio
C. Crane Co. CC Radio Reviews: 14 Average rating: 1.7/5 MSRP: $$165
Description: Has the weather alert function, good AM FM TV radio too
More info: http://www.ccrane.com I think

You can write your own review of the C. Crane Co. CC Radio.

KC7JBB Rating: 4/5 Jul 7, 2009 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Nice Radio but overpriced  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought the CC+ radio from e-bay so did not pay new price. After reading of the many reported cases of failed LED screens , so I was holding my breath.
The CC Radio arrived with a couple of rubs on the case but a perfect working digital display. Checked out all the functions and, AOK.
I was immediately impressed with the audio, it was very crisp and clear yet with out giveing up depth. Not tinney like my 2010 and not muddy like my CCSW (aka. Redsun 2100). It is good, very good audio, and yes you can tell the differance.
Next I placed the CC Radio on the table next to my GE Super Radio 3, for a little side by side comparison. I might add that I really like the GE's, haveing an SR 1 and two SR 3's. Tuneing to some of the weaker Portland stations, the CC has a definate edge in sensitivity. However my first impression is that it may have less selectivity, this could prove to be a problem for those liveing next to or in the vincinity of powerful boomer stations.
Sueprise! FM is great, what a bonus! Allthough I am not a big FM listner. Weather band works well on the CC with several alert options, and has the NOAA alert on feature.
So to sum it up I like it a lot, but would I buy it at the full price? Probably not. The CC Radio would be a fair desl at about $100.00, so that's why I give it a four. The PLL tuneing is far superior to finding stations than with a GE SR3 and an analog dial that is way off, but ids it worth 3X the price ??????

Good listening

KC7JBB

N4NYY Rating: 0/5 Nov 26, 2007 17:20 Send this review to a friend
underachiever, overpiced  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I relocated to souther NJ about 150 from NYC. I needed a radio for AM reception, specifically for WFAN and the Yankees station. This radio was horrible. At the time, it was well of $150. Selectivity and sensitvity were not all it was cracked up to be. I returned it for a full refund. Picked up the GE Superadio III from Amazon for $45, and was a Superior performer when compared to the CCRadio.

KU4BX Rating: 1/5 Nov 16, 2006 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Overpriced  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned a CC Radio for just over 1 year at which time the LCD display stopped working. Since I had already over-paid for this AM/FM "non stereo" TV and WX radio I decided not to have it repaired. An expensive clock radio for the nightstand and now a boat anchor.

NS6Y_ Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2006 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Overpriced but I like it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
$165 is a lot to pay for an AM/FM radio with weather and lowband TV channels. So, why do I love this radio so much? It's big, the buttons are easy to find, the sound on AM is odd but after a few days you get used to it then it's great. (The sound on FM is excellent! And the FM output to earphones is in stereo.) The sound carries well, easy to hear in the next room for some reason. Has external antenna connections so you can experiment with external ant's.

I have heard of problems with the display LCD, I'm not sure if CCrane has fixed it or not - if this is true, I can expect the display to crap out in a few years. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

This has a weather alert function, when there's a weather alert and you have the function turned on, the radio will show a little red light and when you turn it on it's on the NWS.

I runs on wall power or 4 D cells or external DC power, and has a power out connection too.

After 3 years of using a little $15 radio shack clock/radio permenantly stuck on 12:00 and that takes the skills of a safecracker to tune, I finally decided with all the time I spend listening to the radio, which is a lot, I might as well get a decent one.

Get one from a place with a liberal return policy and try it out, you'll probably find that it's a keeper.